Meta Data services: nfo writer setting is missing

pünktchen
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

pünktchen

In the meta data services there used to be a setting for "write to nfo files". This is missing now in the webinterface, but it's still available in the settings.xml

Is it removed by accident? I ask because some people like to download artwork to their media folders, but they don't want their own nfo files to be changed.

Happy2Play

More towards hidden with the depreciation of the xml saver.  If you really want to see writers then shutdown server, open system.xml and change  <SaveLocalMeta> to "true".  This will show the options again via Metadata-Services.

• Like 1

Nothing is using the value in system.xml, it's now per each library.

The value only exists there as a way to migrate into the new per-library way of doing things, but i think we can remove it now.

pünktchen

For what content type? i still see it.

Movies. Probably you see it because your system.xml has still the setting mentioned above?

Nothing is using the value in system.xml, it's now per each library.

The value only exists there as a way to migrate into the new per-library way of doing things, but i think we can remove it now.

Happy2Play

New installs set it to false as the option has moved to per library, I guess.  But this hides options and shown in screenshot

False

58643c256d1c5_false.jpg

True

58643c6a9f15d_true.jpg

• Solution

yes i guess for now we will just have to always show those savers, until that whole services tab itself eventually becomes per-library.

• Like 3

Maximus Naxsus

I'm sorry, I can't really follow the conversation, I think.

Saving content data separate by TV Series or Movie is being depreciated. Do I understand this correctly?

Does this mean that future release of Emby will not be able to show media information without an internet connection because a new install will need to build a new information database from the internet?

Use case; Copy media to external drive, connected to a computer without internet, Emby reads .nfo/.xml; all relevant data is immediately present.

​Edit: added "from the internet"

Edited by Maximus Naxsus

Saving content data separate by TV Series or Movie is being depreciated. Do I understand this correctly?

Nothing is being deprecated.

• Like 1

Does this mean that future release of Emby will not be able to show media information without an internet connection because a new install will need to build a new information database?

No.

• Like 1

Maximus Naxsus

Nothing is being deprecated.

No.

Thanks! Don't really get what's up with me lately, jumping to conclusions and such..

Have a great 2017 to you and the Emby Team!