Static Green Emby Symbol Appears on Screen

4ahobbs

maegibbons

2.8.39 still shows icon for me :-(  On BOTH LiveTV and recordings.

In android mobile, where does it show the version number?  At the moment I have to look at the Dashboard on another PC to verify the client version.

Krs

Mar

tobedeleted

2.8.39 doesn't show the logo for the first video. Every following video playback is unusable because of the logo...

revengineer

Same problem here. This started a few days ago on the beta. I left the beta channel and installed the stable app. worked for a few days until yesterday when the emby app updated. since then the stable app has the same problem. I see the problem with live tv but not with playing movies. Please post link to previous apk while fix the issue. Thanks.

EDIT: Hm weird, the problem is hit or miss, not 100% reproducible.

Edited by revengineer

Scott D

Having the same problem here.  I have found that if you force transcoding by lowering the bit rate the logo will go away.  Auto play of next episode does not work.  Will start the process and then hang with --:-- displayed.

Found that 2.8.19 does not have any of the above problems.

Edited by Scott D

haeffnkr

I am seeing the static logo on my S5 during live TV.

I have the latest version from the play store.

Any update on the fix?

thanks haeffnkr

tobedeleted

Just for the record: The current beta version doesn't work, either. Unfortunately there is no way of getting the current version number from within the app.

Scott D

I prefer the developers provide the apk on the emby website. I am not a fan of these uncontrolled repositories because of malware danger.

True, but not many options for pulling an old version.  I haven't had any bad experience at this site.  (So far).

It would be nice to have an "official" apk.

revengineer

Luke, I tried one movie and three different life TV shows and it appears the issue is fixed. Just in time for my next business trip. Thank you!

rikiwi

Yes the logo has gone which is great. But I'm still getting stuttery audio unless I change from stereo to English Dolby 5.1. Also turning subtitles on and off is erratic resulting in crash. Sorry I can't be more helpful with logs as I'm not sure how to do this using Tapatalk app, and I'm not well enough to get out of bed at the moment.

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk

maegibbons

Looks as though you took drastic action!! Logo does not appear at all now - its been nuked (or us that luked)! Which is a lot better than just sitting in the middle of the screen.

Thanks

Mark

revengineer

Yes the logo has gone which is great. But I'm still getting stuttery audio unless I change from stereo to English Dolby 5.1. Also turning subtitles on and off is erratic resulting in crash. Sorry I can't be more helpful with logs as I'm not sure how to do this using Tapatalk app, and I'm not well enough to get out of bed at the moment.

I suggest creating a separate post for this. It's off-topic here and your input may get lost in this thread.

rikiwi

Will do, but maybe a while before I get to my PC server to post decent report with logs.