Volume granularity with Chromecast audios

da_123

Hi,

I'm trying Emby out as a solution for whole home audio.  I have several zones with Chromecast audios connected to ceiling speakers.  The only volume control for this solution is via Emby, I have no wall controls and the amp has no remote or smart features.

Using the web client for Emby, there is a slider for the volume.  It isn't 100 percent granular - it seems only to change the volume of the Chromecasts every 3 positions or so on the slider.  But it works ok - I can usually reach the desired volume level.

Using the Android client, I only see volume up and down buttons, no slider.  It isn't very granular at all, each press of the up or down produces a huge volume change on the Chromecasts.  This makes it pretty much unusable, so I'm using the web app.  I don't want to have to go into the Google Cast / Home app just to change volume.  This needs to be a wife friendly solution...

When just casting content to the Chromecasts using Chrome (no Emby) there is a huge amount of granularity by comparison.  So the Chromecasts are certainly capable of the different volume levels.

Is there a way to increase the granularity / number of steps for the volume control, particularly in the Android app?  Add a slider similar to the web client?

Other than the volume issue and the odd disconnect, the solution is working well.

It feels like there are 10 or less increments on the up / down buttons right now.  Increasing the number of increments would be a big help.

• 1 year later...

Chromecast volume control with physical volume buttons will be supported in the next update to the app, thanks.