Apple TV 4 Playback Issues

bill0527

bill0527

Having a lot of problems getting some recorded TV shows to play. Using H264 video AC3 Audio in an mkv wrapper. Audio works but only a black screen. Shows were recored on a Tivo, commercials removed and saved as H264 mkv

Have tried other shows using Apple TV 4 preset in Handbrake but now luck. I have attached the Log of the mkv show

Emby Log.rtf

What I find interesting is that I couldn't find any references to Apple TV (like User Agent) in the logs. Is there any chance you could replicate this problem and upload another server log?

Thanks!

bill0527

Corey, Here you go.  I can see bit rate exceeded errors but I used an Apple TV pre-set in Handbrake. What is the max bit rate that can be handled?

Tried deleting and reinstalling the app also

Emby Log 29 Dec.rtf

Edited by bill0527

Corey, Here you go.  I can see bit rate exceeded errors but I used an Apple TV pre-set in Handbrake. What is the max bit rate that can be handled?

This is an app-side setting and the default is automatic so it tests your connection and chooses a rate.  You can change that in the playback settings in the app.

bill0527

Thanks, hopefully someone has an answer. Everything works fine on my nvidea, only problem is on the apple tv

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi @@bill0527, the log looks OK so it's not immediately obvious what the issue is. Is is possible for you to upload a sample video file to something like dropbox or google drive? thanks !

Your sample is an m4v but the above says you are having trouble with mkvs.  Did you upload the correct file?

Your sample played fine for me and did not require remuxing because it was in an m4v container.

Your above log was for an mkv and that would require remuxing to play on the Apple TV.