Harmony Remote no longer works

pr3dict

pr3dict

So I just got a Harmony Elite and I'm trying to hook it up so it launches emby for WMC. I was using the guides I have seen here and most of you suggested putting the program in the tray and using the Win+ keys to get the job done. Welllll, the old harmony programming tools would allow you to just use the win+key and it would know what the IR code was for that. Now, no matter what it wants me to "Teach" the remote by having the old remote (which I don't own). Does anyone have an updated method to launch emby using the new harmony remotes?

pr3dict

Don't you just use the directionals in WMC and click on the Emby tile?

I do that now, yes. However, With all these new home automation devices, I can have the harmony have an activity called "watch emby" or "watch movies" and it will be different then "watch tv" through wmc. The activity may include turning all the lights off and starting the popcorn maker or something crazy. Also, it makes it easier for the girl to have one less step :)

Do you add your device as a Windows Media Center SE? This will get this command available almost certainly as I was working on this yesterday

• Like 1