Android navigation control of other clients

Disorganise

Disorganise

I'd like to see the Android app being able to be used as a traditional remote. ie generating the keyboard presses to navigate MB classic and theatre.

I have media centre control which is an android app that navigates WMC which is great, but it fails once MBC starts. it's much easier showing details on the big screen than handing the phone around.

cheers

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Forum Fiend v1.1.7.

Redshirt

The server would need to be modified to support this, but I'm willing to do my part if/when the time comes.

well i think we would just do the flick to bring up the play to function. as far as actually telling the ui fling it, i'm not so sure because not all of them will be able to do that. so that part is probably not worth the effort.

kamakamadaun

Would it be possible to somehow access the controls of a file you have started on another client? Right when you start a file on another client you get basic controls. but if you exit I cannot find a way to get back the controls.

Disorganise

Well I've just discovered that my Media Centre Control app does navigate Media Browser Classic.

Previously the mcc plug in was failing after MB fired up but it seems to be OK. changes being removal of my movies and update of MBC.

It was something that was said in another thread about the fact that there's no player in MB, it hands off to WMC that got me to retry. So I'm happy for now....but would like to see it in the MB android app at some point :)

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Forum Fiend v1.1.7.

• 4 weeks later...
kamakamadaun

I am using unified remote when needed. It would just be nice to be able to get back to the controls in the android client so I don't have to change program. It will be even more important when chromecast arrives.