Emby server crashes

G1zm0
Go to solution Solved by G1zm0,

I'm running emby server on my DS1815+ for quite a while now.
I expanded the RAM to 6 GB with the official memory.
I'm running version 3.0.8500.0

For some magical reason emby server stops running once in a while.
It can run for a week and it can crash twice a day.
Usually it happens when adding new movies to the library.

Added Logs:
First log is when all is right and the second two are small logs in that apear with an exception.
I have no idea what they mean.

What did I do:

- Disabled DNLA server
- Disabled atomatic portmapping
Because this was mentioned in another topic regarding frequent crashes.

This might be solved in the new server that has not been pushed to synology users atm, but it might be something else.

Other than that I'm still a happy EMBY user!!!

Log9.txt

Log10.txt

Log11.txt

Edited by G1zm0

Hi @@G1zm0

This crash is coming from the mono runtime's realtime file watcher, and unfortunately it's happening in a way we can't catch and this is causing the server to crash.

For immediate relief, you can disable the realtime monitor for each of your Emby libraries. Additionally, there are lots of access denied errors in the log simply when trying to read folder contents:

Access to the path "/volume1/music/Artists/David Guetta/One Love [2009][1]" is denied.
	System.UnauthorizedAccessException
	  at System.IO.Directory+<EnumerateKind>c__Iterator0.MoveNext () [0x0017d] in <1170fb08300b4d0db71c1d1db8555768>:0 

You may need to adjust permissions for the Emby service account to be able to access your folders. It's possible that if you can resolve that, then the realtime monitor errors may also go away as well (but i'm not positive).

Hi @@Luke,

I fixed the permissions and disabled the realtime monitoring for now.
No crash this far.
But the log still shows a lot of errors.
I should mention I have my synology connected to a VPN, but acces TO emby is directly to the NAS, so not through the VPN.

And I believe the update should be available soon.

Thnx

Log12.txt

Edited by G1zm0

solabc16

Hello @@G1zm0

The latest stable is now available for your platform. The permissions are the most likely cause of your issue, let us know how you get on with the latest stable.

The DS1815+ is one of our test platforms and is also the platform I use personally for Emby Server, I cannot recall the last time Emby Server 'crashed'.

Best

- James

• Like 1

solabc16

Hello @G1zm0

Have you updated to the latest stable?

Interested to hear how you're getting on and whether you are still having any issues.

Best

- James

• 2 weeks later...