[BUG] Movies showing as numbers in RAL

CBers

CBers

I have tried this in a couple of skins (MIMIC and Titan) and the the Recently Added List (RAL), the movie names are numbers instead of the movie name.

I had this before and I had to reset the Kodi DB to fix it, but it's only the movie RAL that is affected, everything else if fine.

In the "action", the command is:

ActivateWindow(Music,library://video/emby/c8ca023cdbb96c78e4d5fcb477df512/recent.xml/,return)

I'll post a Kodi log shortly.

Thanks.

Angelblue05

Its because the shortcut is detected as music by Kodi. Change the action to ActivateWindow(Videos,...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

CBers

Its because the shortcut is detected as music by Kodi. Change the action to ActivateWindow(Videos,...

How do I do that, as I just navigate through the options to get to Movies/Recently Added.

Angelblue05

Are you able to type in the field where you set the shortcut action?

Edited by Angelblue05

Angelblue05

Are you able to set the shortcut via video addons > emby? If you are facing the submenu bug, I should be able to look into it tomorrow. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Edited by Angelblue05

CBers

I do the following to get to get to the Movies RAL:

ADDON, VIDEO ADDON, EMBY, MOVIES, RECENTLY ADDED MOVIES.

Also, @@CBers if you find the XML file (which location will vary by skin, but something like c:\users\[you]\appdata\roaming\kodi\addons\skin.[skin name]\shortcuts\mainmenudata.xml )

There are a couple different paths I've found and XML file names that have this data depending on the skin. Some are in the \roaming\kodi\userdata\ tree.

you can open the xml and manually replace Music with Videos in the way Angelblue05 described.

I did this for several skins before understanding that you can add the videos the other way. So, instead of adding them via addons\video addons\emby\yadda yadda yadda  use this process instead:

Home \ Settings \ Skin Settings \ Home \ Customtise Home Menu \

In that menu highlight the item you want to edit, or use the controls to add a new one ("Add"):

5861352caf003__Add.jpg

and then get the focus to the Choose Item for Menu.

5861355c748f3__ChooseItem.jpg

Select it then:

\Video Library\

586135903794b__VideoLibrary.jpg

[Pick the Emby library you want] \

586135b7c4e3a__PickLibrary.jpg

Then either select "create menu item to here" (which gives you the sub-views if you want them) or select the actual item again below (which just gives you the list of items in the library... I prefer this).

586135e5813ad_PickFolderView.jpg

When you get back to the main screen you will see the action is Videos instead of the wrong Music.

5861365bb9a31__YeaVideos.jpg

I hope this helps someone... this drove me nuts for a while until kind folks gave me enough info to figure it out. I'm a Kodi newb I figure other newbies might like the pictures.

Marc

• Like 1