Android app skip/rewind buttons

Disorganise
Go to solution Solved by Redshirt,

Disorganise

Hi,

I bought the Android client over the weekend. Whilst it looks great and I was able to browse video on my phone or tablet and have it launch on mediabrowser classic, the forward and reverse buttons don't seem to do anything.

My test files were mkv of a TV series.

play and pause work fine , but forward and revers do nothing (they do 'light up blue' when pressed).

Using the skip and replay buttons on my Microsoft remote had the desired effect of skipping forward or back a few seconds thus proving it's not inherently a file or MBC issue

thanks

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Forum Fiend v1.1.7.

Redshirt

The remote control functionality is more complex than pushing buttons on the remote. The remote control request is sent to the server and then the server sends the request to the client. There's multiple points of possible failure. For me to determine what's going on, I'd need to see an android client log, a server log and an MBC log that are all for the timeframe that you are trying to control the MBC session.

Disorganise

Ok. can u point me to where the logs are located? I'll run the test again and post the logs

CBers

Android logs are on your Android device in /sdcard/Mb3AndroidData/Logs .

Server logs are on server in C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\logs.

MBC log are on MBC PC in C:\ProgramData\MediaBrowser-Classic\logs.

Disorganise

Dumb question - but how do I upload a log?

I tried it twice: the first time was unresponsive and the android client seemed to basically stop. the 2nd time I waited a good 20 seconds or so before hitting pause/play to verify it was working ok. then tried the forward and rewind and found they actually worked - seemed to hit the same point twice though; so 1st skip would jump forward, 2nd press would go back to the same point, 3rd press would skip forward again and so on.

Edited by Disorganise

• Solution
Redshirt

Don't worry about it. The issue has been fixed. The build will be in the beta channel shortly for you and the others to test. CBers.

Basically the ff/rw buttons are being pushed to quickly which isn't giving the android client enough time to poll the controlled client(mbc) and update the current position. The Android client will now extrapolate the new position from existing data while it waits for the remote response which will provide a better experience.

• Like 2

Disorganise

by the way, i noticed the timestamps of the log files were incorrect. iirc correctly both the server log and the MBC log were the same. eg 09.01 when i did the test at 9pm local time which should be 21.01

Even allowing timezone offset doesn't make sense as I'm in a GMT +10 zone which translates to +11 in our summer and +9 in daylight saving. Neither are 12 hours.

Fwiw the android log is time stamped correctly.

Redshirt

Well as long as the Android timestamp is correct :) 

I hate to ask, but is the timezone set properly on the windows PC.

Disorganise

yip.  Thought it's easier with a picture :)

As you can see,is nearing 11pm and my timezone is Sydney,  the corresponding log is showing 10:56.  The lack of AM/PM means it's to be read as 24hr and therefore 10:56 AM.  It should be 22:56 like it is on the Date and Time window  [note the PC was in 12hr format.  I swapped it 24hr and retested - this is the newer log]

52eb907af1121_time.jpg

Redshirt

@@Luke. It looks like the logging times are correct in his MBS/MBC logs, except for some reason they aren't showing in 24 hour format.