Hide thumbnails for unwatched episodes

mythofechelon

1 minute ago, rbjtech said:

That would look pretty ugly imo ..  repeated images are not nice to look at.

Alternatively, don't show the chapters row at all if you have the 'no spoler' option turned on. 

After all, why would anybody want to jump to a chapter on a show they have not seen before ?

This topic wasn't actually about the chapter thumbs.  It was about episode thumbs in "next up" and "more from season x".  But, the chapters images probably should also be hidden with any sort of spoiler option, I agree.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

rbjtech
2 minutes ago, ebr said:

This topic wasn't actually about the chapter thumbs.  It was about episode thumbs in "next up" and "more from season x".  But, the chapters images probably should also be hidden with any sort of spoiler option, I agree.

Ah yes - thanks.  In that case,  episode thumbs of the season poster probably won't look too bad - although from an eye candy perspective, a heavy blur of the real image will look much better imo.

CBers
54 minutes ago, ebr said:

I would think we would just use the series thumb in this case instead of trying to do something like blur...

As long as it's all behind a user selectable option.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, CBers said:

As long as it's all behind a user selectable option.

Yes, this would be some sort of "spoiler" option.  I would think it would hide overviews, thumb images, chapters (what else?) for any unwatched episodes.

• Like 1

GrimReaper
1 minute ago, ebr said:

Yes, this would be some sort of "spoiler" option.  I would think it would hide overviews, thumb images, chapters (what else?) for any unwatched episodes.

Episode cast, as you wouldn't want a "dead" person being listed there. 

Just now, GrimReaper said:

Episode cast, as you wouldn't want a "dead" person being listed there. 

I'm not sure I follow that.  Don't really see how cast would be much of a spoiler.  Could be a flashback in the case you mention but the guest stars are usually so incomplete I'm not sure what you can realistically glean from them.

GrimReaper
Just now, ebr said:

I'm not sure I follow that.  Don't really see how cast would be much of a spoiler.  Could be a flashback in the case you mention but the guest stars are usually so incomplete I'm not sure what you can realistically glean from them.

I tend to keep them as updated as possible, as TMDB often tends to be much more of them as Episode cast instead of Series cast. If a person was "killed" in E04, seeing same at E10 cast gives kinda hint. 

FrostByte
Spoiler

for instance Jon Snow gets killed in one episode and then rises from the dead in GoT.

So you may want to hide actors in a spoiler option.

Though in that example he's not really a "guest" actor.  But you get it

Edited by FrostByte

CBers
18 minutes ago, FrostByte said:

Jon Snow gets killed in one episode and then rises from the dead in GoT

SPOLIER ALERT !!!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, FrostByte said:

Though in that example he's not really a "guest" actor.  But you get it

I don't think you could derive anything from the actors listed in that regard.  In your example, all the people who were killed in previous episodes/seasons are still listed in the series listing and are not listed as guest stars for episodes.