Telegram notification?

schumi2004

MindBullet

@@darkside40 great job! Working flawlessly on 3.5.0.1 over here :) Do you think there's a chance to add more variaty to messages? What I'd love to see would be a "Recently added" notification, which shoots, when there's something added to the server. Do you think that's possible? Kind regards :)

Also I think it would be great to fix the textfield misbehavior. If you once added a Chat ID or token for a specific user you can't go back. If you once saved it and then want to disable it for this user, you can't save it, because it's asking you to fill in the token. Only way out seems to be reinstalling it :D Cheers

Edited by GodOnEmby

• 1 year later...
darkside40

@@Luke what would be needed to get that Plugin into the Emby Plugin Catalog. It works so far for one year now for me.

I know there are some issues to be targeted, for example that sometimes only a filename is posted, instead of the movie name, but i first have to find out if this is a problem only to this plugin.

@@Luke what would be needed to get that Plugin into the Emby Plugin Catalog. It works so far for one year now for me.

I know there are some issues to be targeted, for example that sometimes only a filename is posted, instead of the movie name, but i first have to find out if this is a problem only to this plugin.

A developer willing to fully support it.  That means keep it up to date with server versions as well as fix any issues and respond to user help requests.

Do we have that for this plug-in?

darkside40

First of all i think i will try to resolve some issues with the plugin, like improper URL encoding or missing rate limiting.

• 2 weeks later...
adamstewiegreen

Thanks for resurrecting this, I just tried it out last night and it works great.  Only issue I've had is that apostrophes don't show properly so "Adam's" turns into "Adam's".

adamstewiegreen

Another thing, when I pause a show I get a notification saying that the show has finished (which it hasn't). and when I play it doesn't say it's playing again

darkside40

That is no problem of the plugin, because it just forwards the messages it gets from the notification framework.

gewbert

Thanks very much for this!

Is there any chance of getting the ability to send cover art with the message?  I have a friend who uses Plex and his channel puts out a message like this when something is added.

5d62a9220a56f_Capture.jpg

darkside40

Thanks for resurrecting this, I just tried it out last night and it works great.  Only issue I've had is that apostrophes don't show properly so "Adam's" turns into "Adam's".

Hi there,

i just tried it by modifying the Test Message and the apostrophe was correct escaped.

Are you using the latest Version of the Plugin?

post-198025-0-29809800-1566759195_thumb.png

Edited by darkside40

adamstewiegreen

I did some digging and that's how the default fire tv name appears to Emby, so I changed its display name (which I didn't know I could do until now).

• 6 months later...
vincentmarles

it works it's good, but it's not possible to have the covers on it? because here I just have the name of the movie that was downloaded but nothing else.

dual-o

Which Emby Version are you using. 

Newest one (4.40) 

Find out whe i uncheck notifications for "New Media Report" and check it again it works ... will check this ne next days...

I think its a "Playback Report" Issue

darkside40

it works it's good, but it's not possible to have the covers on it? because here I just have the name of the movie that was downloaded but nothing else.

Covers are not possible because the internal Notification Function of Emby does not support it.

darkside40

Updated my own Docker to 4.4.040 with Playback Report 1.6.9.1.

No issues. The Plugin works as expected. 

pir8radio

who is using telegram anyway, discord is where it's at...      (im just kidding btw, dont get riled up)   :)        You could take the alert title and run it through one of the movie database api's to get the cover image.