Fire Tablet - SD Card Issue

darrenkdean
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

darrenkdean

Just loaded Emby onto a new Fire HD 8" tablet after our toddler dropped his 7" Fire in water & killed it.

The tablet has a 256gb SD card like the previous tablet did. Just as before, I went to his favorite TV Shows & checked the box to make it available offline & to automatically add new content. Success.

The difference & challenge I'm running into this time around is that the content downloads to the internal storage vs SD card. Also the content that downloads no longer shows up in the Fire OS my videos app for offline play. I've checked the OS settings: it recognizes the SD Card & all applicable boxes are checked to download content to SD card.

The genius of Emby, Fire Tablet, & a 256 GB SD card is that it makes for a powerful sub $150 portable entertainment system that runs for 8 - 10 hours on a single charge. Especially helpful with kids. I would happily pay you to develop an offline Emby mode (only missing piece after this piece is resolved).

Amazing to me that this sub $150 setup is more favored & works infinitely better than the $6K entertainment package in our family vehicle.

Thank you for all you guys do!

Edited by darrenkdean

darrenkdean

Yes, unfortunately when I click on the magnifying glass for the synced content path, it turns green but does nothing else. Same thing occurs when clicking in the field. It does not appear  that I am able to specify the path anymore. I tried this on two separate Fire Tablet devices with the same result. 

Edited by darrenkdean