Emby client crashes and causes TV to restart when starting a second episode

bcmac

Issue description:  When a TV episode completes and you try to play another episode, the Emby client seems to try to start playing the episode and after about 10-15 seconds the TV restarts.  If I finish a show in Emby, I can close Emby, launch NetFlix and when I try to start a show, the TV will restart after a few seconds.

I just purchased this UN43J5200 in November to replace and old 32 TV/Roku combo which experiences this problem.  I have a UN75H6350 which does not experience the issue.

Steps to reproduce: Watch a video in its entirety, start another video

My TV model number:  UN43J5200

My firmware version: 1028

Other TVs etc. the issue has been reproduced on: 

My Emby server version:  3.0.8500

My current Emby Samsung client version: 2.1.3

Other Emby Samsung versions the issue can be reproduced in: 2.2 beta (whatever build was available at the last week of November)

Supporting information to include logs and pictures where applicable:

Thanks!

CBers

Doesn't your J Series TV more run TIZEN as it's OS?

The app you've installed was written for TV's running the older ORSAY OS, which is why it works on your H Series TV.

There is an Emby app for TIZEN, but is currently restricted to the US.

If you're experiencing problems with other apps, like Netflix, then it's possible that you have an underlying problem with the TV itself.

Have you tried a factory reset?

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

FrostByte

There are some entry level 2015 J-series TVs which were still Orsay (see link).  I don't see that model listed though so not sure.

https://www.samsungdforum.com/Tizen/Spec#TVModelLineup

Edit: here's a link on their new developer site, still don't see the J5200 though

http://developer.samsung.com/tv/develop/specification/tv-model-lineup

Edited by FrostByte

CBers

There are some entry level 2015 J-series TVs which were still Orsay (see link). I don't see that model listed though so not sure.

I did wonder about that after I posted earlier.

I have a J Series TV, but can't remember what model it is.

Since J series is not recognised by this app, you are probably getting much more transcoding than is necessary.

@@bcmac a suggestion for you. In TV Settings (within the Emby app) set the Evo Kit selector to SEK2500. This will at least make it think you have a feairly recent feature set.

This setting is only present in the latest beta.

• Like 4

Since J series is not recognised by this app, you are probably getting much more transcoding than is necessary.

@@bcmac a suggestion for you. In TV Settings (within the Emby app) set the Evo Kit selector to SEK2500. This will at least make it think you have a feairly recent feature set.

This setting is only present in the latest beta.

Setting the Evo Kit to SEK2500 has resolved the crashing issue.

Thanks!

• Like 2