629 replies to this topic

#41 haraldov OFFLINE  

haraldov

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 122 posts
  • Local time: 02:42 AM

Posted 28 January 2017 - 02:09 PM

• No HDMI CEC work has been done (I don't have a device to debug with)

With ET for Linux I can not use the Samsung TV remote because cec has been disabled. ET for linux says that it can not find the cec-client. 

Initializing cec-client...

{ cecExePath: undefined,
  cecEmitter: 
   EventEmitter {
     domain: null,
     _events: {},
     _eventsCount: 0,
     _maxListeners: undefined } }
ERROR: cec-client not installed, running without cec functionality.

It works without problem with ET for rpi. I have installed the cec-utils package. 

pi@raspberrypi:~/emby-theater-linux $ whereis cec-client
cec-client: /usr/bin/cec-client /usr/share/man/man1/cec-client.1.gz

Attached Files

Edited by haraldov, 28 January 2017 - 02:11 PM.

#42 haraldov OFFLINE  

haraldov

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 08:11 PM

I believe #1 is now fixed in the Git - please pull it down and try it.  You should be able to put ET in the background now without it always coming to the top, and the OSD should still work correctly when video is playing.

Tried to play Livetv and recorded movies and ET goes into the background, and the OSD shows when the movie starts but then disappears. When I want to seek into the video with the keyboard or the mouse the OSD do not come on the top of the movie. 

Extra info: All my testing with ET for linux has been done with a Raspberry pi 3 (arm processor) because I wanted to compare ET for linux using mpv and ET for pi using omxplayer. ET for linux should function much better on Intel processor with Linux.

Edited by haraldov, 16 February 2017 - 10:36 AM.

#43 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 134537 posts
  • Local time: 08:42 PM

Posted 05 March 2017 - 05:14 PM

Updates are rolling out and you'll soon be able to use MB2-style alpha-numeric shortcuts. Enjoy.

58bc7a2266d4f_Untitled.png

#44 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 134537 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 04:56 PM

I've pushed an update to the electron app. It's mostly an update to internal changes, so you'll want to grab the latest. Thanks !

#45 thatoneguy99 OFFLINE  

thatoneguy99

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 334 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 15 March 2017 - 07:57 PM

Using the exact instructions to install to Ubuntu 16.10 I can load Emby, login, and select and play video. However the MPV player is in the background and I have to hit an ALT-TAB to switch to the player. The OSD of Emby does not show on top of the MPV video. Also is there a way to use a Harmony remote with IR receiver? Thank you!

Again awesome work so far!

#46 denz OFFLINE  

denz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 2138 posts
  • Local time: 08:42 AM
  • LocationPerth, Australia

Posted 15 March 2017 - 09:05 PM

I have tried it on the pi but nothing plays I just get ghost osd and that is it but MPV works outside theater.

#47 thatoneguy99 OFFLINE  

thatoneguy99

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 334 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 16 March 2017 - 05:24 PM

So it hasn't been figured out how to use MPV inside of Emby just yet?

Sent from my phone!

#48 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 134537 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 08:52 PM

The general linux version is using MPV. The Pi version is using OMX.

#49 sansoo22 OFFLINE  

sansoo22

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • Local time: 07:42 PM

Posted 08 April 2017 - 01:21 PM

Just loaded this on a Lubuntu vm running in unRAID 6.  Here are my initial findings:

1. First time loading emby and playing a movie the playback and emby overlay were in 2 separate windows.  After killing the task and reloading it seems to have fixed itself

2. Transitions are a bit choppy but my vm only has 1core and 1GB of memory allocated to it.  Surprisingly it still plays movies at all.

3. LiveTV works but playback is a bit choppy.

4. Channel changing is quite responsive but it can take up to 10 seconds to play anything.  I have an older HDHomerun which is kind of a turd so that may be the reason for the delayed playback.

5. On lubuntu i had to install libgconf-2-4 myself

I'm actually quite impressed with this build so far.  I have no hardware acceleration enabled.  In fact my VM doesn't even have a GPU assigned to it at all and with a single core CPU and 1GB of RAM playback was just the tiniest bit choppy.  Hopefully later this evening I can increase the resources to this VM and allocate the nvidia GT210 i have sitting in the unRIAD box to it and do some more testing.

If anyone would like me to test additional linux distros with this I can.  The unRAID vm environment makes it quite simple to spin up additional VMs.

#50 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 134537 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 02:13 PM

Thanks for the feedback !

#51 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 134537 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 07:44 PM

I've added the same header slide effect from the web app so that when you scroll vertically, the header slides away so that you can see posters on the full height of the screen. Enjoy.

#52 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 134537 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 04:23 PM

I've updated the download instructions in the first post. Specifically, the git repo has changed so you'll need to install from scratch. There is a lot of new development here because we are looking at using MPV player for Windows as well. Please try it out. Thanks !

#53 denz OFFLINE  

denz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 2138 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 02:08 AM

I have followed the instructions but it doesn't work there is no folder emby-theater-linux created but there is emby-theater-electron but when you go into it doesn't start with ./et.sh

#54 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 134537 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 02:14 AM

What happens when you try to start it?

#55 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 134537 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 02:15 AM

My mistake. File was missing. please do a git pull again. thanks.

#56 denz OFFLINE  

denz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 2138 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 02:43 AM

Files are there but when I start it I get this error the pi and the prior linux theater work but not this version.

pi@raspberrypihome:~/emby-theater-electron $ ./et.sh 
App threw an error during load
Error: Path must be absolute
    at Error (native)
    at /home/pi/emby-theater-electron/main.js:638:13
    at Object.<anonymous> (/home/pi/emby-theater-electron/main.js:809:3)
    at Module._compile (module.js:556:32)
    at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:565:10)
    at Module.load (module.js:473:32)
    at tryModuleLoad (module.js:432:12)
    at Function.Module._load (module.js:424:3)
    at loadApplicationPackage (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/electron/dist/resources/default_app.asar/main.js:280:12)
    at Object.<anonymous> (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/electron/dist/resources/default_app.asar/main.js:322:5)
A JavaScript error occurred in the main process
Uncaught Exception:
Error: Path must be absolute
    at Error (native)
    at /home/pi/emby-theater-electron/main.js:638:13
    at Object.<anonymous> (/home/pi/emby-theater-electron/main.js:809:3)
    at Module._compile (module.js:556:32)
    at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:565:10)
    at Module.load (module.js:473:32)
    at tryModuleLoad (module.js:432:12)
    at Function.Module._load (module.js:424:3)
    at loadApplicationPackage (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/electron/dist/resources/default_app.asar/main.js:280:12)
    at Object.<anonymous> (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/electron/dist/resources/default_app.asar/main.js:322:5)

Edited by denz, 15 April 2017 - 02:44 AM.

#57 aptalca OFFLINE  

aptalca

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 04:33 PM

Have you guys considered an embedded linux build using LibreELEC as the base?

LibreELEC (forked from OpenELEC) is a Just enough OS (JeOS) which was originally for Kodi, but now plex is using it to base their new Plex Media Player on. Lakka, (retroarch emulation) is also using it as their base.

LibreELEC is available for x86_64, arm and aarch64. 

I know this sounds like an ad for LibreELEC, but I'm not actually a part of their team. I do collaborate with them on certain things (docker support) and they are all great people.

• denz, hoppel118 and ellnic like this

#58 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 134537 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 04:42 PM

Have you guys considered an embedded linux build using LibreELEC as the base?

LibreELEC (forked from OpenELEC) is a Just enough OS (JeOS) which was originally for Kodi, but now plex is using it to base their new Plex Media Player on. Lakka, (retroarch emulation) is also using it as their base.

LibreELEC is available for x86_64, arm and aarch64. 

I know this sounds like an ad for LibreELEC, but I'm not actually a part of their team. I do collaborate with them on certain things (docker support) and they are all great people.

Yes I think that would be great, and it's something we could look at next after our development with the mpv player is complete.

• xnappo, hoppel118 and ellnic like this

#59 denz OFFLINE  

denz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 2138 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 11:22 PM

I did another git pull and when i try et.sh the error is still the same as post #57

#60 frabe8378910 OFFLINE  

frabe8378910

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • LocationPeine, Germany

Posted 16 April 2017 - 02:39 PM

Hi,

just comment line 638 in main.js like below.

if (commandLineArguments.length > 0) {
    //    app.setPath('userData', commandLineArguments[0]);
}

I did a "console.log" for that commandLineArgument[0] and get "--disable-gpu" as the printout, which seem a bit strange to me. Anyway, works fine without the call to app.setPath.

I'm running emby-theater on Debian testing and on this latest repo I need to install some more modules by "npm: node-mpv, meow, long". Additional I have to uninstall first "is-windows and power-off" and then install them again via "npm" to fix version dependencies. A "npm list" will show you the missing or wrong versioned modules and give a clean list after the above steps. Then emby-theater-electron works fine.

Hope this helps.

BTW: I'm fighting still with fullscreen mode on my zotacID80 box (a LG TV attached via HDMI to it). Only sometimes it really switches to fullscreen (no minimize, maximize or close button on the upper left) and only then, the movie will make it's way to the TV and played fine.

If these buttons are there after the start of emby-theater, then the playback will not show up. You will here sound, but just some distortion at the border of the emby-theater main window. 

If this is fixed, I can get rid of Kodi as my TV player... ;-)

• denz likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users