Emby Theater for Linux

xnappo

Guest asrequested

You mentioned audiophiles. That's another breed of retards. If they'd do double blind tests, they can't even figure 192 mbit MP3 from 320 kbit. The reason streaming services sound worse is due to watermarks. These are easily audible.

You clearly have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. You're just expressing an opinion that has no foundation. I know several audiophiles, with $100,000+ listening stations. MP3 compression is actually uncomfortable for them to listen to. They listen to vinyl, almost exclusively. I can promise you, they really can distinguish the difference. And there really is no need for name calling.

SHSPVR

You clearly have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. You're just expressing an opinion that has no foundation. I know several audiophiles, with $100,000+ listening stations. MP3 compression is actually uncomfortable for them to listen to. They listen to vinyl, almost exclusively. I can promise you, they really can distinguish the difference. And there really is no need for name calling.

I going have disagree on that one you watch I said I wouldn't cry... - Abyss Diana ULTIMATE Audio Experience as it really boil down your audio system setup

• Like 1

doffactory

I must agree, and I have only a beyerdynamic DT770 headphones. A lossless is incomparable to even a 320kbps MP3, not to mention 192kbps MP3 which is really a pain to listen to. On the street MP3 is ok but not with some better headphones...

Edited by doffactory

Guest asrequested

You understand that I'm referring to music, and not audio tracks in movies? I have not met an audiophile that has much interest in home theater. Their listening stations strictly stereo.

SHSPVR

You understand that I'm referring to music, and not audio tracks in movies? I have not met an audiophile that has much interest in home theater. Their listening stations strictly stereo.

But in the grand slam of thing audio is still the same weather not it from Music or Movies with only diff is number channel for surround sound on Movie which give a diff environment experience.

Edited by SHSPVR

• 3 weeks later...
nt-it-team

Is there a way to join the raspberry pi running the Emby Theater to a WPA2 Enterprise wifi network?

Tested on wired ethernet and works well.

• 2 weeks later...
JosephKav

Got myself a Pi mainly so I could download/sync things I wanna watch to it whilst i'm at Uni cause the internet here is SHOCKING, lucky if I get a whole megabyte a second! Is there no way to download/sync to a raspberry pi? All I see is the download option, followed by me choosing a path for the file. Can't set a download location in settings and just click download each time, seems like it tries to do a normal file transfer. Left it downloading overnight and i'm assuming it lost connection for a bit so all the downloads had stopped by the morning. Is there any way to get the regular download/sync that windows gets? So I could tell it to keep up to date with a certain show and trigger the downloads to start from Emby on my phone.

Edited by JosephKav

That's not available in this app right now but it's possible for the future. It's currently limited to our mobile apps.

JosephKav

But it's possible on Emby Theater for Windows. Currently just looking for a decent android emulator so I can emulate Emby on the Pi and download to that. May have to end up making my Pi boot android so I can get the Emby app and get it to run Emby Server for Android, if that's even possible on a Pi.

OSD - black screen.

Have the latest Emby RPI 4 image - emby-theater-rpi_3.0.10.zip

On older version of Emby Theatre running on RPI 3 I could change the Alpha setting in a .js file, but can no longer find the file or setting.

Is there still a .js file that can be changed Or is there another way to fix the full screen black for OSD to be transparent?

Thanks

P.S. I did try to search the forums first.

Edited by kopl

OSD - black screen.

Have the latest Emby RPI 4 image - emby-theater-rpi_3.0.10.zip

On older version of Emby Theatre running on RPI 3 I could change the Alpha setting in a .js file, but can no longer find the file or setting.

Is there still a .js file that can be changed Or is there another way to fix the full screen black for OSD to be transparent?

Thanks

P.S. I did try to search the forums first.

What alpha setting are you referring to? 

What alpha setting are you referring to? 

The alpha setting I was referring to was from this post.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/42760-emby-theater-on-raspberry-pi/page-15&do=findComment&comment=564200

If you edit /emby-theater-pi/playbackhandler/playbackhandler.js

And change "var args = ["--alpha", "80"];" the value is a number between 0 and 254.

0 being completely black, and 254 the controls aren't visible over the video.

I find 200 to be pretty good.

Hi!

I am running Emby Server on openmediavault (omv) via docker. Now I want to install a client on the same machine. Is it possible and how? Or is there an easier way to have an audio player on the headless omv-machine?

Thanks!

Doesn't that affect video quality?

No it did not affect the video quality on the that version of emby theatre,  it changed the alpha settings of the OSD.

I may have the old image of that version, will see if I can dig it up and try it out.

Hi!

I am running Emby Server on openmediavault (omv) via docker. Now I want to install a client on the same machine. Is it possible and how? Or is there an easier way to have an audio player on the headless omv-machine?

Thanks!

Hi there @@ave, have you checked out the instructions in the first post of this topic?

Theater now has the virtual scrolling feature for vertical lists:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/82293-44012-virtual-scrolling/

That means the lists will no longer load your entire library contents all at once and will instead only load what you see at once. This will help make the entire app more responsive and improve navigation performance.

• 1 month later...