Emby Theater for Linux

xnappo

echoxxzz

I tried using the 3.0.8 deb package and I get the same results. I can hear the audio but continue to only see a black screen. 

laufferb

That's because the transparency features we need to display the OSD on top of the video are not supported on this platform. We'll look for a better way in the future. 

Can I change the display time of the control panel??

Can I change the display time of the control panel??

What do you want to change it to?

Shorter display time, maybe 1s?

I guess i'm not quite following. Are you referring to the clock in the upper right?

echoxxzz

I tried using the 3.0.8 deb package and I get the same results. I can hear the audio but continue to only see a black screen. 

Did a clean install of Xubuntu 18.04.2 and now it works. The black screen when the OSD is open is tolerable and I know a fix will be addressed in the future. Just glad to be off Windows O/S. Great work Luke!!!!

Pilothobs

Thanks for the feedback !

Hey Luke

I did an install of 3.08 on a RPI 3B+ and everything seems to work really well. I did notice that once the screen saver stops (I like the pics of movies and shows with the name) and it goes to sleep I can't wake it with the TV remote using CEC. I can however wake it using a connected 2.4ghz remote on USB.

Hobs

Thank for all your work  :D

It´s working - but not when i use it headless

I want to use it for music only, only sound not video.

Do I need to change anything for this?

EODCrafter

Thank for all your work  :D

It´s working - but not when i use it headless

I want to use it for music only, only sound not video.

Do I need to change anything for this?

Bit of an overkill.....Plenty of smaller Apps to Play Music in Linux.

• 4 weeks later...
marcelhehle

Same here. I see only a black screen.

I'm running Ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS

speedingcheetah

I've installed the Emby 3.06 .deb file on Ubuntu 18.04 and Emby Theatre starts but when I try a play video all I see is a black screen. If I hold the mouse button down over the black screen I can see the movie playing behind ET. I've added ontop=yes to my ~/.config/mpv/mpv.conf file and mpv still plays behind ET. Has anyone been to get this working?

I have this issue on Mint 19.1.  First time trying Theater on linux.

Is there a fix for this? adding the ontop to the mpv.conf did nothing for me either.

using 3.08

Edited by speedingcheetah

speedingcheetah

So.....no working Emby Theater on Linux? It is just a black screen...seems to be a issue no matter what distro I install it on.

So.....no working Emby Theater on Linux? It is just a black screen...seems to be a issue no matter what distro I install it on.

Currently this will happen when the OSD is being shown.

speedingcheetah

Currently this will happen when the OSD is being shown.

Black screen is constant for me... never shows video. No matter the MPV settings. unusable on multiple Linux distros.

Edit: Clarify. Ok. Local media files, the video show after the Emby OSD hides it self.

But for live tv, i will not get picture, and Emby will lock up or give the spinning circle, or playback error when i try to play most tv channels.

A few times it will give a static image of the tv channel program, but is just frozen.

Edited by speedingcheetah

EODCrafter

Didn't I post a work-around on here? I'll try to find it real quick.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/42868-emby-theater-for-linux/page-28&do=findComment&comment=725333

Edited by EODCrafter

• 4 weeks later...
Spotta

Raspberry Pi Image

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/emby-theater-electron/releases/download/3.0.8/emby-theater-rpi_3.0.8.zip

This is an image that will launch straight into Emby Theater. If there is no network connection then raspi-config is launched allowing users to connect to a network.

Or, you can also use the armhf image below with any debian based distro. After installing the Emby Theater .deb, please run the following:

rpi-update
dist-upgrade

Hi.

This image does not work with the RPi4.

Spotta

Sorry, that was quite a crap error report! I was pushed for time.

It doesn't even boot, I believe the pi4 absolutely requires Buster so maybe it's time for an updated image?

Ok thanks for the info. We'll update the package to ensure it will work with RPI4. Stay tuned.

Hi,

@@ellnic

I Agree a light-weight window manager like i3 is the way to go, though I prefer awesome, it is much more configurable .... (i.e you won't have any issues with bringing ET up full screen)

@@Luke

Is there any plans to put this build into a container, like FlatPak? Seems it would be much easier to get across to a lot of platforms that way ..

I would suggest a minimal Archlinux build with Xorg/Awesome window manager, electron and the bare minimum dependencies to have it work ..

My 2c.

@@ebike, we now have Emby Server for Flatpak available for testing:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/75070-emby-server-for-flatpak/

Please try it out and report your experience. Thanks !