Emby Theater for Linux

xnappo

On 7/5/2020 at 4:30 PM, pXius said:

Using the latest deb install (x64), on Pop_OS (pretty much ubuntu), I can't play any video files. Just get a spinning wheel with the error message on screen "Couldnt load Plugin".

Any ideas? 

Hi, try running:

ldd /usr/lib/emby-theater/libmpv.so.1 | grep "not found"

On 5/21/2020 at 6:09 AM, precator said:

I have emby theater installed but no videos play when I start them? Anyone know what could be wrong?

I have the same problem. I use emby-theater_3.0.12_amd64.deb on multiple pc's running Linux Mint 19 & 20. Recently they all stopped working, playback doesn't start for music and video's. There is no error, it starts playback but it doesn't progress past 0:00 and the screen remains blank. I believe it happened after upgrading my Emby server to the latest version, but I'm not sure.

Playback through the web ui or Theater for Windows works fine. Any clue?

dedyms
On 7/14/2020 at 1:52 AM, polu said:

I have the same problem. I use emby-theater_3.0.12_amd64.deb on multiple pc's running Linux Mint 19 & 20. Recently they all stopped working, playback doesn't start for music and video's. There is no error, it starts playback but it doesn't progress past 0:00 and the screen remains blank. I believe it happened after upgrading my Emby server to the latest version, but I'm not sure.

yeah got the same issue, i'm on debian testing. My other machine on debian stable just works no problem.

On 7/13/2020 at 2:52 PM, polu said:

Can you attach the mpv log? adding log-file=/tmp/mpv.log to ~/.config/mpv/mpv.conf should output a log file

snake382

I have already installed emby-server on my raspberry 4, should I understand that with this link I could have emby-server + hardware decode the videos h265 by the rpi ? I'm going to lose all my data already in emby-server ?

On 7/24/2020 at 11:17 AM, snake382 said:

I have already installed emby-server on my raspberry 4, should I understand that with this link I could have emby-server + hardware decode the videos h265 by the rpi ? I'm going to lose all my data already in emby-server ?

@snake382 the server and the player are two different things. You need an Emby Server, which you have installed. Optionally you can also install an Emby player app such as Emby Theater. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks !

dedyms
On 7/23/2020 at 8:26 AM, Luke said:

Can you attach the mpv log? adding log-file=/tmp/mpv.log to ~/.config/mpv/mpv.conf should output a log file

@Lukehere is my log in my debian testing(sid), MPV complain about not finding the GPU. Sorry for slow reply.

NB: mpv.log is the emby, mpv1.log is local playback

mpv.log

mpv1.log

Edited by dedyms
Add log MPV for local files playback

On 7/23/2020 at 3:26 AM, Luke said:

I have created the file and added the log-file line, but no log file is created when I try to play a file in Emby Theater.

I did notice that when I open a library with music, select an artist and go to Play, I get the error: "Playback Error - No compatible streams are currently available". I don't see this error if I start playback in any other way (music or video)

snake382
On 7/27/2020 at 8:07 PM, Luke said:

@snake382 the server and the player are two different things. You need an Emby Server, which you have installed. Optionally you can also install an Emby player app such as Emby Theater. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks !

OK but the material decoding of the h265 with a rpi4 is done it thanks to emby server or thanks to the emby theatre player?

7 hours ago, snake382 said:

OK but the material decoding of the h265 with a rpi4 is done it thanks to emby server or thanks to the emby theatre player?

We'd have to look at an example, but for this app, generally the player.

On 7/27/2020 at 4:00 PM, polu said:

I have created the file and added the log-file line, but no log file is created when I try to play a file in Emby Theater.

I did notice that when I open a library with music, select an artist and go to Play, I get the error: "Playback Error - No compatible streams are currently available". I don't see this error if I start playback in any other way (music or video)

@dedyms or @polu try installing mpv separately, then play a video with it by doing the following:

sudo apt install mpv
mpv http://distribution.bbb3d.renderfarming.net/video/mp4/bbb_sunflower_1080p_30fps_normal.mp4 --log-file=/tmp/mpv.log

Then please provide that mpv log. Thanks.

53 minutes ago, Luke said:

@dedyms or @polu try installing mpv separately, then play a video with it by doing the following:

sudo apt install mpv
mpv http://distribution.bbb3d.renderfarming.net/video/mp4/bbb_sunflower_1080p_30fps_normal.mp4 --log-file=/tmp/mpv.log

Thank you, I have attached the log

mpv.log

dedyms
22 hours ago, Luke said:

sudo apt install mpv

So for some info, if i remove the vo=gpu options from mpv.conf, emby play the media with software decode.

hwdec=vaapi
vo=gpu #for hardware acceleration
hwdec-codecs=all
save-position-on-quit
stop-screensaver= "yes"
cache-pause= "yes"
force-window= "yes"
profile = "low-latency"
osd-level=3
log-file=/tmp/mpv.log

mpv.log

SHSPVR
30 minutes ago, dedyms said:

So for some info, if i remove the vo=gpu options from mpv.conf, emby play the media with software decode.

hwdec=vaapi
vo=gpu #for hardware acceleration
hwdec-codecs=all
save-position-on-quit
stop-screensaver= "yes"
cache-pause= "yes"
force-window= "yes"
profile = "low-latency"
osd-level=3
log-file=/tmp/mpv.log

mpv.log 58.8 kB · 0 downloads

what your system spec

dedyms
10 hours ago, SHSPVR said:

what your system spec

H310i pro with intel G5400 with debian testing, that can handle most codec with hardware acceleration just fine. From many tries, it seems emby doesn't detect the GPU at all, the configuration menu inside emby that can force emby using 'gpu' output, in the end it will fallback again to libmpv output that using software decode. That is my conclusion within my knowledge. cmiiw, thanks

SHSPVR
4 hours ago, dedyms said:

H310i pro with intel G5400 with debian testing, that can handle most codec with hardware acceleration just fine. From many tries, it seems emby doesn't detect the GPU at all, the configuration menu inside emby that can force emby using 'gpu' output, in the end it will fallback again to libmpv output that using software decode. That is my conclusion within my knowledge. cmiiw, thanks

If I'm right the logs seem to tell a diff story right here

[   3.821][d][vo/gpu/vaapi-egl/vaapi] libva: VA-API version 1.8.0
[   3.821][d][vo/gpu/vaapi-egl/vaapi] libva: Trying to open /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/iHD_drv_video.so
[   3.821][d][vo/gpu/vaapi-egl/vaapi] libva: va_openDriver() returns -1
[   3.821][d][vo/gpu/vaapi-egl/vaapi] libva: Trying to open /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/i965_drv_video.so
[   3.822][d][vo/gpu/vaapi-egl/vaapi] libva: Found init function __vaDriverInit_1_8
[   3.822][d][vo/gpu/vaapi-egl/vaapi] libva: va_openDriver() returns 0
[   3.822][v][vo/gpu/vaapi-egl/vaapi] Initialized VAAPI: version 1.8
[   3.822][d][ffmpeg] AVHWDeviceContext: VAAPI driver: Intel i965 driver for Intel(R) Coffee Lake - 2.4.1.
[   3.822][d][ffmpeg] AVHWDeviceContext: Driver not found in known nonstandard list, using standard behaviour.
[   3.822][v][vo/gpu/vaapi-egl] Going to probe surface formats (may log bogus errors)...
[   3.823][d][vo/gpu/vaapi-egl/vaapi] libva: vaExportSurfaceHandle: fourcc 48323234 is not supported for export as separate planes.
[   3.823][d][vo/gpu/vaapi-egl] vaExportSurfaceHandle() failed (invalid VASurfaceID)
[   3.823][d][vo/gpu/vaapi-egl/vaapi] libva: vaExportSurfaceHandle: fourcc 50313134 is not supported for export as separate planes.
[   3.823][d][vo/gpu/vaapi-egl] vaExportSurfaceHandle() failed (invalid VASurfaceID)
[   3.823][d][vo/gpu/vaapi-egl/vaapi] libva: vaExportSurfaceHandle: fourcc 48323234 is not supported for export as separate planes.
[   3.823][d][vo/gpu/vaapi-egl/vaapi] libva: vaExportSurfaceHandle: fourcc 56323234 is not supported for export as separate planes.
[   3.823][d][vo/gpu/vaapi-egl/vaapi] libva: vaExportSurfaceHandle: fourcc 50343434 is not supported for export as separate planes.
[   3.823][d][vo/gpu/vaapi-egl] Supported formats:
[   3.823][d][vo/gpu/vaapi-egl]  nv12
[   3.823][d][vo/gpu/vaapi-egl]  yuv420p
[   3.823][d][vo/gpu/vaapi-egl]  rgba
[   3.823][d][vo/gpu/vaapi-egl]  rgb0
[   3.823][d][vo/gpu/vaapi-egl]  bgra
[   3.823][d][vo/gpu/vaapi-egl]  bgr0
[   3.823][d][vo/gpu/vaapi-egl]  p010
[   3.823][d][vo/gpu/vaapi-egl]  gray
[   3.823][v][vo/gpu/vaapi-egl] Done probing surface formats.
[   3.823][v][vo/gpu] Loading hwdec driver 'vdpau-gl'
[   3.823][v][vo/gpu] Loading failed.
[   3.823][v][vo/gpu] Loading hwdec driver 'drmprime-drm'
[   3.823][v][vo/gpu/drmprime-drm] Failed to retrieve DRM fd from native display.
[   3.823][v][vo/gpu] Loading failed.

dedyms

36 minutes ago, SHSPVR said:

If I'm right the logs seem to tell a diff story right here

[   3.821][d][vo/gpu/vaapi-egl/vaapi] libva: VA-API version 1.8.0
[   3.821][d][vo/gpu/vaapi-egl/vaapi] libva: Trying to open /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/iHD_drv_video.so
[   3.821][d][vo/gpu/vaapi-egl/vaapi] libva: va_openDriver() returns -1
[   3.821][d][vo/gpu/vaapi-egl/vaapi] libva: Trying to open /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/i965_drv_video.so
[   3.822][d][vo/gpu/vaapi-egl/vaapi] libva: Found init function __vaDriverInit_1_8

On 04/08/2020 at 01:22, Luke said:

sudo apt install mpv

The log you see is the log from mpv application direct test to big buck bunny that requested by Luke at post #737. As the mpv work with vaapi just fine.

The log of emby issue was here. 

On 28/07/2020 at 01:58, dedyms said:

here is my log in my debian testing(sid), MPV complain about not finding the GPU. Sorry for slow reply.

NB: mpv.log is the emby, mpv1.log is local playback

mpv.log 18.73 kB · 8 downloads

mpv1.log 51.17 kB · 1 download

Edited by dedyms

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/5/2020 at 4:30 PM, pXius said:

Using the latest deb install (x64), on Pop_OS (pretty much ubuntu), I can't play any video files. Just get a spinning wheel with the error message on screen "Couldnt load Plugin".

Any ideas? 

@pXius @dedyms the issue is in your mpv.conf file. You need to have libmpv as the video output device, not gpu. hwdec is supported using libmpv you just need to have the correct va library's installed for your video card.

3 hours ago, Luke said:

@pXius @dedyms the issue is in your mpv.conf file. You need to have libmpv as the video output device, not gpu. hwdec is supported using libmpv you just need to have the correct va library's installed for your video card.

I'm emptying the config mpv.conf, except the logging and the hwdec=vaapi.

I got interesting lines from emby, yet mpv from repo work fine, afaik i used to get this error because mpv too old need update and recompiled againsts new library, CMIIW.

[   0.323][d][ffmpeg] AVHWDeviceContext: Trying to use DRM render node for device 0.
[   0.323][d][ffmpeg] AVHWDeviceContext: libva: VA-API version 1.1.0
[   0.324][d][ffmpeg] libva: va_getDriverName() returns 0
[   0.324][d][ffmpeg] libva: Trying to open /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/radeonsi_drv_video.so
[   0.411][e][ffmpeg] libva: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/radeonsi_drv_video.so has no function __vaDriverInit_1_0
[   0.411][d][ffmpeg] libva: va_openDriver() returns -1
[   0.411][e][ffmpeg] Failed to initialise VAAPI connection: -1 (unknown libva error).

and here is the full log from the mpv emby, mpv

mpv.conf mpv-system.log mpv-emby.log

Edited by dedyms

7 hours ago, dedyms said:

I'm emptying the config mpv.conf, except the logging and the hwdec=vaapi.

I got interesting lines from emby, yet mpv from repo work fine, afaik i used to get this error because mpv too old need update and recompiled againsts new library, CMIIW.

[   0.323][d][ffmpeg] AVHWDeviceContext: Trying to use DRM render node for device 0.
[   0.323][d][ffmpeg] AVHWDeviceContext: libva: VA-API version 1.1.0
[   0.324][d][ffmpeg] libva: va_getDriverName() returns 0
[   0.324][d][ffmpeg] libva: Trying to open /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/radeonsi_drv_video.so
[   0.411][e][ffmpeg] libva: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/radeonsi_drv_video.so has no function __vaDriverInit_1_0
[   0.411][d][ffmpeg] libva: va_openDriver() returns -1
[   0.411][e][ffmpeg] Failed to initialise VAAPI connection: -1 (unknown libva error).

and here is the full log from the mpv emby, mpv

mpv.conf 36 B · 1 download mpv-system.log 43.71 kB · 1 download mpv-emby.log 29.18 kB · 1 download

Try leaving it fully blank and using the user interface to configure hardware acceleration.

fredflix

If you're on any kind of Arch distro (I'm on Manjaro), a guy ported ET to AUR:
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/emby-theater-bin/

Once installed, after logging in, the main page didn't want to show. Only the top bar would show.
Probably because my server settings were already saved somewhere as I didn't have to enter any server info.
But after re-starting the app, it logs me in automatically and everything works fine.
Definitely a slight hick up I can live with :)

Edited by fredflix

fogpuppy

Luke any chance we can get the rest of the media keys working?  most of them work ok but ones that seem broken are Play/Pause and Next Track and Previous Track.  They don't seem to work on any keyboard I can find but the defaults media p,Ayer and VLC semester to support them so it must be possible ....

10 minutes ago, fogpuppy said:

Luke any chance we can get the rest of the media keys working?  most of them work ok but ones that seem broken are Play/Pause and Next Track and Previous Track.  They don't seem to work on any keyboard I can find but the defaults media p,Ayer and VLC semester to support them so it must be possible ....

Yes we can test that out. Thanks.

fogpuppy

Thanks.  It’s the main thing that makes air-mouse remote controls tough to use because they have a limited number of keys so not having play/pause work is especially annoying.