Tizen outside USA

Smaky

Hi Luke,

do you have a timeplan for germany? Do you need help eg. writing Samsung in german or something? It is hard to understand why a obviously working app can't be used worldwide  :huh:

Hi Luke,

do you have a timeplan for germany? Do you need help eg. writing Samsung in german or something? It is hard to understand why a obviously working app can't be used worldwide  :huh:

I don't think Samsung requires to write in the language of each country ;-)

We're working hard to make this available everywhere we can, thanks.

If it continues like this (let's say one country release per month) then Emby will be available worldwide in ~ 2020. Probably no one will care anymore by this time. Will Tizen for Samsung still be around on newer TVs? Noboy knows. 

So why are you working hard on this issue if there's no progress and it's unsure whatever happens in the farer future? If there is no app then tell us and we can unsubscribe from this topic and look for alternatives.

As annoying it is for you that we don't stop asking when it will arrive as annoying it is for us to spent our lifetime on asking, looking for a new version etc..
Just think about the timeframe: Emby for Tizen was released in 2016. Now we are almost in 2018.
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

Wow, good thing I noticed this. Was just about to buy Emby Premiere lifetime, without being aware that the Samsung TV app is not available in my country (Israel)!

I just bought 2 new Samsung TVs for my new home. Guess I'll have to replace Emby with something else now (will check out Plex), since it this seems to be taking way way too long to get done...

• Like 1

alprio

If we do this we will not have epg , region apps, voice command in our language. Etc. if they can’t release a worldwide app hey can say it.

• Like 1

IQ2000

Or, you could try changing the region setting on your TV 

Inacceptable. This is either a response from someone who never changed the region setting or has too many time.

As alprio noted, if you want epg, live tv, region apps, voice command, etc. you have to set it to your region. 

Ever tried a region change? It's not a setting that just "changes" the region and you are good to go after 30 seconds. It takes a long time and basically resets most of the settings of the TV.

So if you had to switch region every time you want to use Emby, you have to plan that it might take a while to set it to an Emby region and afterwards set it back and reconfigure your local Apps.

Don't recommend this to anyone. This is just a malicious suggestion that wastes people's time.

Edited by IQ2000
  • Like 1

FrostByte

It's not malicious and many people have done it and are using that solution.  You don't speak for everyone so stop trying to. 

• Like 1

IQ2000

It's not malicious and many people have done it and are using that solution.  You don't speak for everyone so stop trying to. 

If people use their Smart TV just for Emby that may be a fine solution. But then again you could just buy a cheap Monitor and put a Android TV Box on it.

You don't speak for everyone either. (Which I never said... Btw. why do Americans always say "You don't speak for everyone, shut up" if you don't like the content? Too much Fox News? Did you read my argument?)

And a lot of people who don't use this solution just say "Go F yourself Emby, I'm using Plex!"

Edited by IQ2000
  • Like 1

FrostByte

You did say you spoke for everyone when you said don't recommend the solution to "anyone".  Again this solution has and does work for many.  If it doesn't work for you then there are other solution like you said.

• Like 1

IQ2000

You did say you spoke for everyone when you said don't recommend the solution to "anyone".  Again this solution has and does work for many.  If it doesn't work for you then there are other solution like you said.

The "solution" you mentioned is a workaround, not a solution. Workarounds should be temporary.

It's been 2 years since the Emby team promised the app and they still do without even a substantiation.

Don't get me wrong: Emby is a great piece of software. But the release management and the public communication is far from being professional. (And since they ask for money, this is not longer a small open source project, it's a commercial product!)

• Like 1

Allan Cameron

Or, you could try changing the region setting on your TV

That method is useless for many people including myself. By doing the region change it makes other apps such as YouTube and Netflix useless in your native country as they will no longer work. Essentially turning your smart TV into a dumb one.

FrostByte

That method is useless for many people including myself. By doing the region change it makes other apps such as YouTube and Netflix useless in your native country as they will no longer work. Essentially turning your smart TV into a dumb one.

Yes, I am aware it isn't right for some, that's why I stated so in the pinned post on how to change the region :)

Others say they have used a VPN or smart DNS with success, though I haven't tried that myself.

Edited by FrostByte

mabusdogma

I imagine another workaround for the Emby app on Tizen, if you live abroad: I have installed another apps out of the AppStore, with something called "tizen studio", we just need the original file (with extension *.wgt), so... Is anybody who has the emby.wtg file? If we have it we can install emby on any country, using Tizen Studio!

alprio

I imagine another workaround for the Emby app on Tizen, if you live abroad: I have installed another apps out of the AppStore, with something called "tizen studio", we just need the original file (with extension *.wgt), so... Is anybody who has the emby.wtg file? If we have it we can install emby on any country, using Tizen Studio!

if this can work we need this file. and you are life savior.

if you dont want to provide it in plain sight send us the file or the link with pm

• 9 months later...

Hi everyone,

Any update on this? still waiting for emby to be available in australia.

Been an emby user for many years, but primarily for the server, as the emby client apps are lacking.

Thanks

• 5 months later...