Tizen outside USA

Smaky

We have answered the question already. It's just that when we run out of energy to answer it over and over again, then suddenly we're not transparent :)

There are non-technical requirements to releasing tizen apps worldwide. One of which is you have to become a Samsung partner, and that requires certain obligations from us and at the moment we're just hung up in that process.

• Like 1

No offense of course intended.

I think it's interesting for those not familiar with this specific App Store the challenge Emby is facing to get accepted into the Samsung Global App Store (given that they already accepted it).

Thanks for that!

Thanks for the update Luke.

All i'm asking is a monthly update or so. Just to give a sign of life on this, for us who so desperately want this Tizen app.

Please consider making this "hear beat" once a month.

I still have faith in EMBY :)

Edited by tjalfe
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The big problem is that the tizen app has been released over a year ago for the us market.

13 month later it's still an us market-only app.

Since Emby is not a hobby project by some random developers but a real company (Emby LLC) I think it's understandable that people start to question the competence in this case either on Emby's or Samsung's site.

Because if it is not incompetence, what is it? "America First"?

Btw: There are apps in the tizen store developed by indivuals which are available worldwide.

Edited by IQ2000

To be honest, I would recommend anyone who is waiting on this to switch to Plex, even if it's only for the purpose of having your media available on a Sumsung TV. The Plex and Emby servers don't interfere with one another, and there is minimal configuration required with Plex. Depending on your setup, there is no downside to running both servers with respect to cost/performance if you just want to enable media streaming to the TV. I've been running both servers for a while, on a very low-power Win 10 Intel Atom tablet that acts as a dedicated Emby/Plex box, and the experience is excellent. Other than consistency or brand loyalty, running both media servers is a non-issue.

To be honest, I would recommend anyone who is waiting on this to switch to Plex, even if it's only for the purpose of having your media available on a Sumsung TV. The Plex and Emby servers don't interfere with one another, and there is minimal configuration required with Plex. Depending on your setup, there is no downside to running both servers with respect to cost/performance if you just want to enable media streaming to the TV. I've been running both servers for a while, on a very low-power Win 10 Intel Atom tablet that acts as a dedicated Emby/Plex box, and the experience is excellent. Other than consistency or brand loyalty, running both media servers is a non-issue.

Yes, but is it possible to sync the watched state?

Yes, but is it possible to sync the watched state?

No idea, but it may be. As I say, this is a suggested solution for if you just want to stream from your server to the TV, with a similar experience to the Emby app. I'd argue that the watched state synchronisation is less of an issue than actually watching the content, so in my case wouldn't be a barrier to running two servers, but I understand that may not be the case for everyone.

No idea, but it may be. As I say, this is a suggested solution for if you just want to stream from your server to the TV, with a similar experience to the Emby app. I'd argue that the watched state synchronisation is less of an issue than actually watching the content, so in my case wouldn't be a barrier to running two servers, but I understand that may not be the case for everyone.

If it's just about streaming you could just enable the DLNA Client.

Well do that then! Whatever works. The DLNA client is far worse of an experience on the TV than the Plex app though. Either way I'm just putting forward an alternative that replicates the functionality of the missing Emby app, at no extra cost.

A couple of weeks ago I contacted Samsung The Netherlands via Facebook. The 1st line support didn't know anything about the App store of Samsung TV's. I asked to speak with a person that knew more about procedures for allowing Emby to be placed internationally in the App store of Samsung TV's. However, like the rest of multiple support sessions, she knew nothing and escalating my question wasn't possible. What I did learn, however, is that the Samsung TV App store could be per country, instead of per continent.

At that point I halted my pursuit for now.

Maybe it is an idea if (want-to-be) Emby users contact their Samsung support channels in their respective countries? And when new insights arise, how to get Emby available internationally, report back here what you've learned?

Aggregate out findings...

Besides understanding the steps for Emby support on Samsung TV's internationally, we might learn the joys, frustrations and bureaucratics of getting an App approved.

Anyone else care to poke around and find out the intricacies? :)

A couple of weeks ago I contacted Samsung The Netherlands via Facebook. The 1st line support didn't know anything about the App store of Samsung TV's. I asked to speak with a person that knew more about procedures for allowing Emby to be placed internationally in the App store of Samsung TV's. However, like the rest of multiple support sessions, she knew nothing and escalating my question wasn't possible. What I did learn, however, is that the Samsung TV App store could be per country, instead of per continent.

At that point I halted my pursuit for now.

Maybe it is an idea if (want-to-be) Emby users contact their Samsung support channels in their respective countries? And when new insights arise, how to get Emby available internationally, report back here what you've learned?

Aggregate out findings...

Besides understanding the steps for Emby support on Samsung TV's internationally, we might learn the joys, frustrations and bureaucratics of getting an App approved.

Anyone else care to poke around and find out the intricacies? :)

It's an option for those with the inclination, but as a customer, it's just something I would want to work without having to jump through too many difficult hoops (teaching the wife and kids how to navigate the DLNA client), or having to enter the Samsung support labyrinth.

I just told the family that Plex is what Emby is called on the TV, and the problem disappeared!

CBers

I just told the family that Plex is what Emby is called on the TV, and the problem disappeared!

ROFL :D

CBers

I would but it doesn't support VP9.2 for YouTube HDR :(

Allegedly, nVidia are looking into it.

Seeing as they work closely with Google, then I guess it will arrive eventually.

ROFL :D

They were perfectly accepting of it too - having lived through MediaBrowser, Emby and Ember for Emby, it's just assumed to be another branding change!  :D

• Like 1

Hello all!

Great news everyone. Emby for Samsung Smart TV's is now available in the UK. You can learn more here:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/51762-emby-for-samsung-smart-tvs-now-available-in-the-uk/

Thanks !

Sounds great. Do you have any plans for Europe?

Something like a simple release road map?

Just installed my Emby-System and I'm really impressed (thinking about switching from Plex). And now I'm guessing if i should wait for a German release or if i have to switch my TVs region to UK/US.

Greetings from Germany!

Edited by bick

• 2 weeks later...