embysvr User without Password - Login external possilbe

lordfiSh

lordfiSh

not sure if this is a Synology only Problem: but the Standard User should't able to login from extern without a password

Edited by lordfiSh

solabc16

Hello @@lordfiSh

A unique one time password is generated at installation time for the service account, it's known to nobody - more details here: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/22921-synology-setup/?p=354293

If you're referring to the user accounts within Emby Server, then indeed refer to Luke's reply above.

Best

- James

Edited by solabc16

lordfiSh

Hi, do you mean Emby user? You can assign a password to an emby user. Does this help?

Thanks for the Quick Reply. The User called embysvr, the User got created with the Setup without a Password (for the Emby UI itself) Yes I know I could assign a Password or delete the User, but probably forgot it.  

But why is it even possible to login without a Password? Especially if the Service is external accessible

Edited by lordfiSh

• 4 weeks later...

Can I change the default generated password for another one to use that user as Network Credentials on Kodi? I don't want to generate a problem on the Emby Server.

Hi @@curro88, can you elaborate a little more? I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to ask

Thanks !

Right now I've configured the Emby for Kodi Addon with the default administrator user from my DiskStation on my Raspberry Pi. Everything is fine, but I was wondering if it is not better to have another Network Credentials user than the default administrator, so I was thinking about creating a new user on my DS213 to access Emby and I saw that the Emby Server had already created an user (embysvr), so I thought that maybe I could use that user instead of creating a new one, but I can not know the password, so...

1. Can I change the default password generated from embysvr to another to use that user as Network Credentials in Kodi?
  2. If I change the password ... will I screw my Emby Server on my DiskStation?

Thanks you @@Luke, in advance!

Edited by curro88

solabc16

Hello @@curro88

See the post earlier on this thread and associated link for more details on the 'embysvr' account/password: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/42820-embysvr-user-without-password-login-external-possilbe/?p=399324

To answer you question, the short answer, is you should create a new user for this purpose.

You want to grant the minimum required permissions for the task at hand and only to the directories needed.

Best

- James

• 3 years later...
lundblad

Lol all my users had no password. all open to the world xD

even my admin account!! i had to use password on my phones emby app and my tv box, but in web browser on remote connection i dont needed password. bad...

i invited my friends with their email. Password should be standard!!!  :wacko:  :blink:

Edited by mopsiptv

Spaceboy

You might argue that common sense should be standard if you are going to open up your pc to the world. Perhaps some sort of test should be required before you can enable such features

• Like 2