434 replies to this topic

#421 fri3ndlyguy OFFLINE  

fri3ndlyguy

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Local time: 07:03 PM

Posted 08 March 2019 - 10:08 PM

Hi!

I am running emby-theater-pi on a raspberry pi model 3+. The os is a raspbian release 9.8 codename stretch.

I am connecting to a emby theater server Version 4.0.2.0, via a local network. (my server is in a different subnet though!)

Until today it was working well apart from a few minor bugs. But today I noticed I can't see my libraries any more... This is how it looks:

5c83208440a7c_empty_emby.png

(But they still show up if I use a browser from any of my clients at my home or via the android app.)

I verified that my emby-theater-pi is the latest version (via a "git pull").

I restarted the server, I restarted the client (multiple times) and I even wiped the config (by moving the ~/.config/emby theater pi folder away)

I also did some troubleshooting by enabling the devconsole where I found this error:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

maintabsmanager.js?v=1552095623573:1 Uncaught TypeError: tabsElem.selectedIndex is not a function
    at Object.selectedTabIndex (maintabsmanager.js?v=1552095623573:1)
    at HomeView.TabbedView.onResume (tabbedview.js?v=1552095623573:1)
    at HomeView.onResume (home.js?v=1552095623573:1)
    at HTMLDivElement.<anonymous> (tabbedview.js?v=1552095623573:1)
    at onViewChange (viewmanager.js?v=1552095623573:1)
    at viewmanager.js?v=1552095623573:1
    at <anonymous>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As well as:

GET http://<MYPUBLICIP>:8096/emby/system/info/public net::ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

The second one is kind of expected since I don't allow external access to emby, only from within the network!

However, a few things still work:

- I can play a movie if I start it on a browser from a different client in my network -> view on other screen -> select it from there. The movie starts to play on the client in question then.

- After some time the "screensaver" kicks in and Scenes / Covers from movies in my libary are displayed.

- If i change the home-screen layout from vertical to horizontal i get to see some of my libaries again, but once i try to access one of them i get the same "blank" screen again.

Do you have any idea what i could try to fix this?

I didn't change anything on the client lately, however I updated my Server a week or two ago.

I am sure I watched movies via this client since then, but I am not sure i went back to the Home-Screen since then.

Thanks!

Attached Files

Edited by fri3ndlyguy, 08 March 2019 - 10:10 PM.

#422 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 124416 posts
  • Local time: 02:03 PM

Posted 09 March 2019 - 12:16 AM

Hi, this should clear itself up, can you try restarting the app?

#423 Hawataki OFFLINE  

Hawataki

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 March 2019 - 06:36 AM

Hi,

i´m running the Raspberry Pi Image wich launches straight into Emby Theater  (from this Forum) on pi model 3b+.

I am connecting to a emby theater server Version 4.0.2 via internet. (Server is not in the local network)

Since yesterday i got the same Problem as fri3ndlyguy postet. I restartet the App & Server but it didn´t solve the Issue.

After some troubleshooting I reinstalled the Pi Image because i thought "let´s start from zero"...., but emby startet right with the same problem and these weird looking icons (like the Profile button or "Home" in fri3ndlyguy´s postet Thumbnail).

The fact that i´m not the only person with this kind of Issue gives me a sign of relief :D

#424 fri3ndlyguy OFFLINE  

fri3ndlyguy

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 March 2019 - 08:38 AM

Hi, this should clear itself up, can you try restarting the app?

Hi Luke!

Thanks for your reply.

I restarted the client as well as the server numerous times. The behavior stays the same.

Out of curiousity I also tried emby-theater-electron but its doing exactly the same.

Whats the difference between those two? I didnt find a brief description about emby-theater-electron nor about emby-theater-pi.

#425 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 124416 posts

Posted 09 March 2019 - 11:32 AM

emby-theater-pi is obsolete now. how did you install emby-theater-electron?

#426 fri3ndlyguy OFFLINE  

fri3ndlyguy

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 March 2019 - 05:53 PM

Hi Luke!

Thanks for pointing this out. So I will stop using the emby-theater-pi version and continue testing with emby-theater-electron.

I cloned the git repo and started it with a bash script:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

#!/bin/bash
xset s off
xset -dpms
xset s noblank

cd ~/emby-theater-electron
electron . cec-client
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Using emby-theater-electron doesnt change the problem: its still the same blank window.

Did you see the post from "Hawataki"? He has the same problem, which makes me think of some sort of "seasonal skin"?

I know we had issues once with the halloween skin, maybe something like this?

Thanks for your help!

#427 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 124416 posts

Posted 09 March 2019 - 07:03 PM

What version of electron is installed?

#428 fri3ndlyguy OFFLINE  

fri3ndlyguy

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 March 2019 - 05:51 PM

Hi Luke!

I am running electron version 3.0.13.

I cant install a more recent one since there is a unmatched dependency to glibc. (https://github.com/e...on/issues/16205)

Thanks

#429 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 124416 posts

Posted 10 March 2019 - 06:20 PM

Ok I'm pushing a fix, thanks.

#430 rrlucero OFFLINE  

rrlucero

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Local time: 01:03 PM

Posted 20 March 2019 - 08:23 PM

Hoping someone can help. I am new to raspberry pi and linux. I have installed the raspberry pi emby 3.06 iso from the other forum emby on linux. My question is this version no longer current? Saw post saying that there is another version emby theater electron. If so is that other topic (emby theater on linux) first post no longer valid. I am sorry if these are dumb or easy questions.

#431 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 124416 posts

Posted 21 March 2019 - 12:04 AM

Hoping someone can help. I am new to raspberry pi and linux. I have installed the raspberry pi emby 3.06 iso from the other forum emby on linux. My question is this version no longer current? Saw post saying that there is another version emby theater electron. If so is that other topic (emby theater on linux) first post no longer valid. I am sorry if these are dumb or easy questions.

Hi, yes the 3.0.6 version is the current version, thanks.

#432 rrlucero OFFLINE  

rrlucero

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 March 2019 - 10:49 PM

Thank you for the help. Not sure if this is the place to ask. I have another problem my screen goes black after it is not being used for awhile. I have tried adding the following lines to the auto start file.
@xset s no blank
@xset s off
@xset -dpms

File was located /.config/lxsession/LXDE/autostart
A lot of post say that the file is located in the directory LXDE-pi but I don't have it. Am I doing something wrong?

#433 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 124416 posts

Posted 21 March 2019 - 11:04 PM

That's only when it idles?

#434 rrlucero OFFLINE  

rrlucero

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 March 2019 - 11:47 PM

Yes only when it idles. Was hoping to just leave the pi on all the time. So when I turn on the tv it is ready. It seems to only happen when I have emby theater on. If in the desktop it stays on.

Edited by rrlucero, 22 March 2019 - 12:21 AM.

#435 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 124416 posts

Posted 22 March 2019 - 02:31 AM

Thanks for the info. We'll take a look at this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users