Seitenverhältnis2.35:1

InterlacedNo

Bildrate23.9760246

Bitrate13030 kbps

Bit-Tiefe8 bit

Pixelformatyuv420p

Ref Frames1

NAL4

The first movie, i don't know when it stops, because i had this running by the way.

The other movie stoped after a hour for 2 seconds and then it went on for about 10 seconds. After that the pi hang up and does not react anymore and in the background i can see the homescreen.

Edit: The picture is upside down from upload!

post-66773-0-92178200-1534893155_thumb.jpg

Edited by rechner123

I've updated the builds in the first post with the 3.0.2 release of Emby Theater, as well as our new Raspberry Pi image that launches straight into the app!

Please try it out and report your experience, thanks !

bigembyfan

Looking forward to giving this one a go, just got a pi 3+ and waiting for the power cable to attempt to set this up. Fingers crossed all goes well but great effort sorting this.

bigembyfan

I got it setup ok, it loads well and looks great on my tv, I added the mpg2 licence to the Pi (Raspbian) and that says it's enabled. One main issue is nothing will play, I get the loader on all videos (selecting the mkv versions, or pre-encoded mp4 versions and also tried a .ts recording). I have to esc + esc + esc to eventually exit the app and try again.

The app itself looks great, initially a few images didn't load but on next view everything seems there and it's more than responsive enough.

I have attached some debug logs attempting to play Indiana Jones. I have double tested it works using the web client over my remote url and also from Firefox on a linux machine on the same network as my Mac Mini server (connecting over local IP to 192.168.0.3 like the Pi is).

Might be worth noting on the Pi itself I get a message like "fs access result for path: Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory access" - searching the forum there's another user that had that but Luke you said that wasn't an issue, just an attempt to play it directly or something like that. Ideally I'd use the Mac Mini to transcode by default to the Pi and just have the Pi act like a lazy client with as little load as possible (which I'm sure it does).

emby-logs.txt

Edited by bigembyfan

bigembyfan

I should add, I've tried via Chromium which works but the UI is pretty jittery (compared with the smoothness of emby theatre) and the playback works but is also stuttery. Chromium has the cast to my Bravia option which works perfectly so as a temporary solution that's what I will use.

I also tried the video setting in the emby theatre app to; auto, rpi and rpi copyback. None of the options lead to being able to play a video.

Would be great to get videos playing in emby theatre, I'm excited to get that going as my always on emby client attached to my main TV.

Edited by bigembyfan

rechner123

I've updated the builds in the first post with the 3.0.2 release of Emby Theater, as well as our new Raspberry Pi image that launches straight into the app!

Please try it out and report your experience, thanks !

How ca i run this version with cec support?

rechner123

Hi

Yesterday i have installed emby 3.0.2 over 3.0.1.

Could not get a video playing. Always a spinning circle if i press play.

Then i made a fresh pi with raspbian and 3.0.2 but with same result with only spinning circle.

So today i took your raspberry package.

This is now working for me.

Also my first movie i have watched, ran until the end of the movie.

With the version before, my pi hang always up.

Video plays smoothly!

Some questions:

How can i set the correct time/timezone?

How Can i increase system audio volume? I guess i'ts at 50%

Can the black screen be fixed when osd is visible?

Is the performance in User Interface limited by pi or are optimizations still possible in the software?

And hope to become cec soon ;)

Thank you!

bigembyfan

Yesterday i have installed emby 3.0.2 over 3.0.1.

Could not get a video playing. Always a spinning circle if i press play.

Then i made a fresh pi with raspbian and 3.0.2 but with same result with only spinning circle.

This is exactly what is happening for me with 3.0.2, what was the solution? Which package did you mean you used instead to fix it?

Should I try and install 3.0.1 instead?

Thanks for any help.

rechner123

This is exactly what is happening for me with 3.0.2, what was the solution? Which package did you mean you used instead to fix it?

Should I try and install 3.0.1 instead?

Thanks for any help.

I have installed with the "All in One" raspberry pi image from https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/42868-emby-theater-for-linux

bigembyfan

Ah I should have figured out that's what you meant, I'd prefer not to do that and just run the emby-theater via the terminal.

I have tested omxplayer with one of the mkvs and one of the mp4s and they both work perfectly. I wonder what I'm missing just running the deb package compared to what you get running the full "All in One" image? Something is not firing when trying to play the movies via Emby Theatre, I can't see anything myself in the logs I posted to point to what it would be, I'm a bit baffled, I can only think it's trying to access the file directly over the network and it's been told it's not allowed.

Edited by bigembyfan

rechner123

Have you run raspi-config and enabled ssh connections?

i don't know how i can got to the settings to enable ssh. my raspberry boots automatically into emby. if i exit emby there is a debian login. there i have tried user" pi " and password " raspberry "

rechner123

Ah I should have figured out that's what you meant, I'd prefer not to do that and just run the emby-theater via the terminal.

I have tested omxplayer with one of the mkvs and one of the mp4s and they both work perfectly. I wonder what I'm missing just running the deb package compared to what you get running the full "All in One" image? Something is not firing when trying to play the movies via Emby Theatre, I can't see anything myself in the logs I posted to point to what it would be, I'm a bit baffled, I can only think it's trying to access the file directly over the network and it's been told it's not allowed.

i know, my english is not good.

its hard for me to understand right and especially to write.

i only want to run emby and nothing else. i think for this is the package made for.

i think you are right with your last words about direct playing.

bigembyfan

i know, my english is not good.

its hard for me to understand right and especially to write.

i only want to run emby and nothing else. i think for this is the package made for.

i think you are right with your last words about direct playing.

Ok thanks.

A little note about the video player, we are using OmxPlayer, which is included with Raspian.

Omxplayer does not support software MPEG2 video playback, to enable MPEG2 playback you will need an MPEG2 codec key to unlock the MPEG2 hardware decoder.

http://www.raspberrypi.com/

Currently we don't have any detection for this, so the app will always try to direct play mpeg2, and without a hardware decoder key it will fail.

I forget the command but there is a command on the pi that will respond with a yes or no for hardware acceleration.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

bigembyfan

I'm really struggling with this spinning loader / no playback in ET (3.0.2) on my Pi, I've spent a few evenings trying to get something to play, anything, but nothing will start, it just stays on the spinner. This happens for all file types; mkv, mp4 and mp3 audio books.

Direct Play

It should have access to direct play via nfs that I've setup on the Mac server, when I view 'showmount -e 192.168.0.3' (where 192.168.0.3 is my Mac Emby server), I see the folder on the Mac that contains all the media. I can mount to the Movies folder for example:

mount -t nfs 192.168.0.3:/Volumes/MyMedia/Emby/Movies/ /mnt/movies/

Browsing to /mnt/movies/ then successfully lists all the movie folders and files I have on my server so the connection works.

In the Library setup on the Emby Server, for movies folder as an example, I added the optional network path of all the three below and none of them seems to be working:

nfs://192.168.0.3/Volumes/MyMedia/Emby/Movies
nfs://192.168.0.3:/Volumes/MyMedia/Emby/Movies
/mnt/movies

Streaming

I thought if the direct play access had any issues then ET on the Pi would revert to streaming instead and streaming works from Chromium on the web player on the Pi (although a bit stuttery) and from every other device I connect externally or internally so again I'm not sure what the issue is there.

If I try to connect to my remote url for the Mac in ET on the Pi (ie using a secure domain rather than the local 192.168.0.3 IP that ET automatically finds), exactly the same spinner + no video result happens.

----------------------

My Server is up to date and Emby Premiere is active. Looking through the debug logs I see unknown profile messages for movies, like the below:

'Info App: Profile: Unknown Profile, Path: nfs://192.168.0.3/Volumes/MyMedia/Emby/Movies/Old School (2003)/Old School (2003).mkv'

Do I need to configure anything more on the Pi in ET? I use Auto almost throughout but have changed the Video type to RPI and RPI Copyback to see if that changed anything. I've also run emby-theatre as root and it didn't help, just needed me to login again.

After leaving the spinner go for a long while eventually I do get a "Playback Error" - "No compatible streams are currently available" message, I hadn't seen these before. I have attached some file info for some of the movies I've tried to play on the Pi.

I'm stumped, any help would really be appreciated.

post-284644-0-91223100-1536158480_thumb.png

post-284644-0-01013900-1536158487_thumb.png

post-284644-0-95804300-1536158490_thumb.png

embyserver.txt

Edited by bigembyfan

bigembyfan

Anybody got a link for an older version / versions of Emby Theatre for the Pi so I can test with those and see if they work? Seems like at least three of us have the same issue with the 3.0.2 armhf image, I'd like to do some testing with some older versions and see if that makes any difference.

Thanks

clarkss12

I finally got around to installing Emby Theater on a couple of my Linux boxes, but the app will not start.  I installed it on my Pine 64, running Ubuntu 16.04 and one of my Amlogic S905X boxes running Ubuntu 16.04.  The Emby Theater does the same thing on both boxes.  I am a "fumbler" with Linux.

Any ideas??  

Emby runs in a Chrome window, but not great.  I can stream live TV or play media from my NAS, using Chrome.

cybergrimes

I tagged a new 3.0.3 release last night. We'll have binaries up for that shortly. Thanks guys.

Does this resolve the spinning circle issue?