Favorites not displaying watched or unwatched

Trevor68

Trevor68

Hi,

Favorites stopped displaying using Unwatched a few updates back, in any theme. I apologise for not remembering when, but I kind of just assumed it would right itself eventually.

Now I have the latest 117 release, with the new chocolate and square, but still no watched or unwatched, in fact I can only get it to populate using "Latest". I also do not see the new favorites view anywhere, I only have 3 options in all themes, watched (mt), unwatched (mt) and latest, which populates properly.

I can see using chocolate that I apparently added Fav TV, Fav Movies, Fav Games and Fav Books on the 01/01/0001 , yes that's the date it displays.

Basically in MB2 I pretty much just used Favorites on EHS to see if I had anything new to watch, and while its only a few more clicks to go right into Fav TV and see, it is still mildly annoying. :(

Its also pretty odd to me that I have 4 Fav Categories, 3 of which I don't even have libraries for. I make it a point to NEVER fav a movie, as that would really make seeing new TV shows a pain.

Edited by Trevor68

MB2 did not have "Favorites" and what you are describing is the Recent lists which has nothing to do with Favorites.

Perhaps a screen shot or two would help explain what you are talking about.

Trevor68

Sure, I will grab some and post, and of course your right I totally fogot that Favorites was a plugin back in MB2. Which appeared in the exact same place the new Favorites does on MB3.

Also this worked well for a month or so then just stopped for some unbeknownest reason. As for what I'm talking about, all the main menus can be sorted by Watched/Unwatched/Latest.

Unfortunately I can only use Latest, or the Favorites Menu (above it) appears MT. Anyhow back soon with screens.

Trevor68

Here we go, as you say, a picture is worth a thousand words. :)

So to sum up, only the "Latest" view displays anything, and this occurs on every theme.

perhaps I have misunderstood, but the Favorite Plugin in MB2 displayed in the exact same place, and did behave as a "recent" list. I also swear to god that this was functioning as I expected for the first month or so of MB3, then just stopped one day.

I'm also totally uneducated on where this new "Favorite" view is supposed to exist in Chocolate and Square? as per the 117 blog post.

post-1911-0-64756800-1390904669_thumb.jpg

post-1911-0-53861200-1390904672_thumb.jpg

post-1911-0-08403400-1390904675_thumb.jpg

Edited by Trevor68

Okay, yes, the pictures help a lot.  You are talking about the recent lists that are associated with your favorites folder.

The three different styles of recent lists are:

Latest: When set to this it will show the last 20 items added to your system

UnWatched: Shows the last 20 items added that you haven't watched yet

Watched: Shows the last 20 items you watched - however, there is another setting for this in the main config that will, instead, show in-progress items.

My guess is that you have turned on the option to show Watched as In-Progress and you have no in-progress items.  You also have watched all of the items you've marked as favorites.  Therefore, the only list that shows anything is the one that shows your latest items without regard to their watched status.

Trevor68

Thanks, but there are around 10 unwatched episodes inside my Fav TV folder, hence this is really annoying, as Media Center Master automatically adds new episodes every other day, and I kind of depend on this list as a quick cheats way to see whats new.

I believe I may have selected In Progress as you mention, I will check that tonight when I get home, but that should not affect new unwatched items right?

When you mark a TV series or season as a favorite - that does not mean all it's episodes are also favorites.  We've had this discussion internally, and that is the behaviour that has been decided upon.

So, the only way a new episode would show up in the favorites recent list is if you marked that actual episode as a favorite.

Trevor68

Errr ok, so now how do I see whats new in my favorite TV shows???

having to mark each episode as a favorite is a little bit silly, given I want to know IF that episode has arrived, not go look for it, mark it and then go hey, new show to watch.

At the moment I've flipped back to Diamond and using Latest which DOES show the new episodes fine above favorites just fine. It even ticks the watched ones. Just goes to show sometimes the oldies are goodies I guess.

It would be highly preferable to be able to use unwatched though.

Edited by Trevor68

Really?  You are getting different behavior in Diamond than Chocolate as far as the Recent list goes?

Trevor68

Sorry, off on the bike this weekend, but yes, just in the naming convention, it lists the episodes by name, rather than using posters. will post a screen when I get home sunday night.

Trevor68

Yes its just that the tick (for watched) that diamond uses, plus using txt means that I can at a glance see new favorite tv episodes, which is all I expect from any theme pretty much.

I just want to go yep, theres a new episode of XXX, and watch it, right from the EHS screen, Fairly straight forward request i would have thought.