Help! Trouble sorting media in Kodi (to respect Emby libraries)

Marc_G

Hi folks,

First, I DID READ this thread:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/26121-tutorial-how-to-set-up-kodi/

But I exited that tutorial perhaps more confused than I started. Sorry! I'm a Kodi noob. Some of the pictures in there were essentially blank. :unsure:  I'm looking into Kodi because I'm switching my Emby player to be a small Windows 10 unit and currently Emby Theater doesn't play smoothly on it.

Here's the symptom I'm seeing: In Emby, I've got my media set up in libraries just the way I want them. In Kodi, it's mixing things... so in Kodi, "Movies" is showing stuff from my "Movies" library, as well as from my "System Tests" library and so on.

I just want Kodi to show me the names of my Emby libraries and not shuffle stuff around. I'm on Emby for Kodi 1.0.3 / 2.3.6 (stable).

Here are my Emby Libraries:

5856c083ed1e2_EmbyLibraries.jpg

So, if I look in Kodi Movies here is what I see:

5856c14a2b879_KodiMovies.jpg

As you can see a lot of the system test files are showing there.

The Setting Up Kodi reference link I mentioned at the top was probably exactly what I need to understand but it lost me somehow. It talked about sending text with a webclient (but I've got a keyboard, so no problem just typing stuff into Kodi directly).

I can go into Kodi \ Videos \ Video Add-Ons \ Emby \ Movies \ Movies\ and get to my movies list, eventually... but that's annoying and not WAF-doable.

Kodi will only be used for me to play my Emby libraries. There's no content outside Emby I need to integrate.

How do I get Kodi just to show me my library names on the main screen and a coverflow or poster set view of the available content when I click on any of my library names?

Sorry if this is basic stuff, I'm just a bit overwhelmed. What I really want is to make Kodi mimic the user interface experience of Emby Theater.

Thanks for any pointers!

Marc

PS: I've played around in the Confluence default skin and the picture above is in the Amber skin. I'm willing to switch to whatever skin will get me closest to what I want.

Edited by Marc_G

I'm away from home and replying via my phone so I can't give a full answer. Basically, I went into Kodi skin settings and pointed the directory that Videos goes to (I also changed the name to My Movies) and pointed it to my main movie folder. I then created a submenu for each movie directory I have eg Kids Movies, Documentaries, Family Movies etc and told it the target location of each folder.

Does that make sense? If not either someone with the time to help you will sort you out or I will be on later.

Best of luck!

Sent from my GS55-6 using Tapatalk

Thanks sleepy. I've figured out that the default Confluence skin isn't very configurable, but others have more options. I've moved to Titan, and spent just a few minutes there to change things around. So far without proper success, as the "Movies" still shows things that aren't in my "Movies" Emby library, but it's probably just a matter of time until I figure out the right place to dig. I pointed a new Kodi home icon to video add ons \ emby for kodi \ <emby icon>Movies  (going by memory here, forgive errors). When I get home tonight I will play some more.

One challenge is that many of the images people have uploaded use Imgur and for some reason I only see this on the forums:

5857ddee1e061_Imgurproblem.jpg

Note that whatever image was supposed to be displayed doesn't show up... just a sort of placeholder that doesn't react much to clicking. This has slowed me down a bit; I see this on a lot of pics here and on the Kodi forum. Haven't seen this before.

Thanks again for the reply. Will progress as work/family commitments allow and post back.

Marc

@@Abobader

Is imgur not working again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good day,

Nothing to my knowledge been change about this, so it should still work.

My best

Good day,

Nothing to my knowledge been change about this, so it should still work.

My best

Could it be an issue where content is only visible to people with imgur accounts? I dont have one yet.

Good day,

I do not think so, until they change something, can I have the link for the above thread issue? Thanks in advanced.

My best

Thank you @@Abobader. This example came from this sub forum, angelblue05 posted a pinned tutorial on setting up Emby for kodi. On my phone now but can dig up the URLwhen i get home. Thanks sincerely

Good day,

To me, imgur is down, so I can not test.

@@bigjohn buddy can you test this issue?

My best

Looks like Imgur may have changed how they are allowing media to be embedded.

@@Angelblue05, would you mind helping me test with one or more of your albums? I notice some other Imgur users are having similar issues but I can't tell if it is the same thing:

https://community.imgur.com/t/imgur-embed-url-broken/31435/26

Note the link posted in that thread by someone from their support group that lists a possible fix:

https://help.imgur.com/hc/en-us/articles/211273743-Embed-Unit

Not sure if this applies to how Imgur content is embedded on this forum or not.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

@@bigjohn

Thanks for the reply. No it's not the same thing. I add albums to post using the following which is a direct link to the album (this used to work, then it stopped working but was fixed and now it just doesn't seem to load any images from the album:

[media]http://imgur.com/a/YBp1g[/media]

Embed albums never were supported or at least I don't know how to use them in a post. 

It looks like:

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/YBp1g"><a href="//imgur.com/YBp1g">Kodi Aeon Nox</a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

@@bigjohn

Thanks for the reply. No it's not the same thing. I add albums to post using the following which is a direct link to the album (this used to work, then it stopped working but was fixed and now it just doesn't seem to load any images from the album:

[media]http://imgur.com/a/YBp1g[/media]

Embed albums never were supported or at least I don't know how to use them in a post. 

It looks like:

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/YBp1g"><a href="//imgur.com/YBp1g">Kodi Aeon Nox</a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Looks like Imgur has broken something with how albums are displayed. Unfortunately it doesn't look like anything I can fix, so the most expedient solution for now would be to go ahead and post the link to the albums in the affected posts.