Auto boxsets causing doubles

LiquidFX

LiquidFX

When Im viewing Collections if shows all of my boxsets just fine, but when I view movies it shows 2 of everything in a boxset. Im sure I have something setup wrong. Here is my folder structure:

\\HTPC\Boxsets is the location auto boxsets path

\\HTPC\Movies is where all of my movies are stored

12164060963_f193ae6964_c.jpg

that might not be an auto-boxset issue. show me some screenshots of your media library configuration

Logos302

Do you already have them sorted into boxset on your server, Folder wise? If so you will have to remove either the folders and let auto-boxset handle it or remove auto-boxset.  

LiquidFX

Do you already have them sorted into boxset on your server, Folder wise? If so you will have to remove either the folders and let auto-boxset handle it or remove auto-boxset.  

I did have the sorted by boxset doing it manually but when the plugin came out I took them out of the folder I created and put them back into the general population of movies letting the plugin handle it.

I did have the sorted by boxset doing it manually but when the plugin came out I took them out of the folder I created and put them back into the general population of movies letting the plugin handle it.

I wonder if somehow the old copies are still being found...?

LiquidFX

I wonder if somehow the old copies are still being found...?

Im not sure, I looked at the path of the 2 files and one is the actual movie folder while the other is the boxset folder.

Im not sure, I looked at the path of the 2 files and one is the actual movie folder while the other is the boxset folder.

Can you post a picture of that?

• 2 weeks later...
LiquidFX

I tried that, when I pull up the link of the shortcut for the file it points to the UNC path but when I look at the metadata link it points to the local folder path.

LiquidFX

some of the metadata links go to the UNC path and only show up once as they should, other files show up as the local folder and show up twice. I have deleted the boxsets folder and rebuilt the folder, what else should I try?

Dont know if this matters but the movies that are not causing a problem are new files and placed on a separate HD.

Edited by LiquidFX

You have mapped drives in one part of your library and UNC paths in another.  That is going to create problems because we think they are two different items.

Change everything to UNC paths.

Are you sure you don't have a shortcut that point to it with a mapped drive?

Either that or, the fact that you moved the item has screwed something up.  You could try rebuilding your library db but let @@Luke look at this first in case he wants you to try anything else before doing that.

Oh wait - it is also possible that, if you changed the reference from a mapped drive to a UNC path in between AutoBoxSets creating the box set, that might be screwing it up.  Try deleting all the auto box sets and then re-creating them.

You are positive you don't have any portion of any user's library pointing to that mapped drive...?

LiquidFX

Ok, so I moved some of the trouble movies to another HD and it corrected the issue for those....ideas on how and why?

Because something was pointing to them.  Look in the server log from the library scan after you moved them and see if you can see something saying it can't find the "Z:" items.