Internet radio stations in Music tab

denz

This has been reported in emby theatre forum by another user since it is not available it should be a future request. In WMC it is slightly complicated you create two files with the link to your radio station a bit like pls files. 

This is much better than tunein, tunein has too many cards and options this way only the stations you listen to will be listed there. With this there is no external app everything plays directly in WMC and you control it by remote.

This is WMC mcl file

<application  name="Narodni Radio "  
 url="Narodni Radio .htm"    
 startimage="Narodni Radio .jpg"   
 thumbnailimage="Narodni Radio .jpg"   
 description="Narodni Radio "    
 category="1"     
 companyname="">    
 <capabilitiesrequired  directx="false"  
    audio="true"     
    video="false"     
    intensiverendering="false"   
    console="false"    
    cdburning="false"    
 />     
</application>  

Then corresponding htm file

<script>       
function IsMCEEnabled()     
{        
return true;      
}        
window.external.MediaCenter.PlayMedia(1, "http://s7.iqstreaming.com:9498");  
window.external.MediaCenter.Experience.GoToFullScreen()   
window.external.MediaCenter.CloseApplication();  
</SCRIPT>

585346e7492a3_Capture50.png

58534820f2dd4_Capture1.png

58534928b8f65_Capture10.png

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Yes that is correct you have to find the internet station link and create that file. It is not something that you can generally do with the remote, the WMC way is too complicated than it should be.  As Emby has a web client I think if the web page is designed properly a beginner could set up their favourite internet stations with relative ease.

A  web page would just need these details and few help lines for a beginner.

Name: Test Internet Station

URL Link: http://

Image:   Click to attach image.

• 5 years later...

Bump...

I would like this to.

I would be perfect to add your own webradio that you listen to , and have everything at one place.

Then you can have all your movies , music , audiobooks and webradio at the same place.

But i guess nothing came from this since its 6 years old topic.

But maybe now...  :)

• Agree 1

porkbone

I have this now with my server. I created a new music library called Radio Stations and pointed it at the folder I setup with links to a handful of college radio station with a live feed on their website. I find the m3u8 feed address and add that to text file, name it the call sign of the station and save it as a strm file. I'll then find their station logo and download that, rename it to match the strm file and put them all together in the Radio Stations folder. Scanned it and it works.

It's not perfect, but it does work remotely :)

I hope that helps you or someone...

radio1.jpg

radio2.jpg

radio3.jpg

radio4.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 7 months later...
On 8/4/2022 at 10:19 AM, porkbone said:

Thank you for mentioning this method.

I was using the IPTV plugin but it did not work with Carplay.

Using this method I was able to setup a playlist and now can use Carplay to switch between channels using my steering wheel.

Thank you!!

• Like 2

• 9 months later...
maxiniedermeier

Hi✌️

Because TuneIn plugin doesn't work as it should most of the time🤦‍♂️

I've just started playing around a bit with the strm files mentioned above and find that it works pretty well.

I discovered a few things

- At the moment I have created a new music library and set the sort order to "Exact" so that I have separate folders for Artist/Stations, Album(s)/Stream(s). Some stations have more than one. So I thought it would be nice if there was a separate library type for web radio that displays the correct name in the top bar.

- If there is a separate library type, you might be able to enable the client app to buffer, say, 15 minutes (or perhaps configurable) of the stream so you can rewind some time

- At the moment I have saved the images of the "Logo" stream as "folder.jpg" as described in the media preparation list, but when I add a new stream it shows up but the song/stream only then automatically updates the image once played.

- I was impressed by how “well” it worked and tried it out in the car on the next trip. Everything was working fine until a network change occurred and the stream stopped and never played again. Additionally, the app crashed after some time after the stream stopped.

Maybe there is still some time to implement the features that would make the app more universal. "One for all"

PS: The TuneIn plugin could potentially benefit from some features. I probably wouldn't use it since I only listen to some radio stations that I want to add manually.

• Thanks 2

• 1 month later...
maxiniedermeier

✌️

I had a few more ideas that would also be very nice

Add the function to read out the now playing etc information of the current stream (if available) and display it where the song name should normally be

If there was a separate library you could combine the song and album lines into one in the “Now Playing” screen and swap albums into artists: “Artist – Song”

So if there is information about the current playback, it looks like this

"Now running...

Artist – song”     or something

Maybe someone is interested and this might get a little attention

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

wordlover
On 8/4/2022 at 7:19 AM, porkbone said:

I have this now with my server. I created a new music library called Radio Stations and pointed it at the folder I setup with links to a handful of college radio station with a live feed on their website. I find the m3u8 feed address and add that to text file, name it the call sign of the station and save it as a strm file. I'll then find their station logo and download that, rename it to match the strm file and put them all together in the Radio Stations folder. Scanned it and it works.

radio1.jpg

radio2.jpg

radio3.jpg

radio4.jpg

Looks like you have great taste in Internet radio stations - comfy sharing that file you created so others could use (or use it as a model and modify it) too?

• Like 1

wordlover

@maxiniedermeierThis is fantastic. I'm now working on a similar set of some interesting U.S. radio stations with streams and will post it here for others, too.

maxiniedermeier

👍🏻

As mentioned above maybe sometime there could be a seperate Web Radio Library.

Shouldnt be that hard just change some names🤔 and make it a little bit custom too "Top Header Display"

• Agree 2

• 2 weeks later...
porkbone

@maxiniedermeier  Thank you for the great list!  I'll put a link to mine up in a bit