Movie Extras not being recognised

schmitty

schmitty

I have ripped We're the Millers Blu-Ray to MKV, with extras and an Extended Cut. The extras and extended cut are not being detected as an alternate version or extras, they are being identified as individual movies. I have followed the instructions in the wiki, to no avail.

The file structure is as follows:

\SERVER\Movies\We're the Millers (2013).H264-DTS.BluRay-1080p\

We're the Millers (2013).H264-DTS.BluRay-1080p.mkv

We're the Millers (2013) - Extended Cut.H264-DTS.BluRay-1080p.mkv

extras\

deleted-scenes.mkv

don't-suck-the-venom.mkv

extreme-aniston.mkv

gags&more-outtakes.mkv

getting-out-of-a-sticky-situation.mkv

i-am-pablo-chacon.mkv

intro.mkv

livin'-it-up-with-brad.mkv

outtakes.mkv

road-trippin'-with-the-millers.mkv

rollin'-in-the-rv.mkv

the-miller-makeovers.mkv

when-paranoia-sets-in.mkv

codenamegamma

i dont have a problem but my folder is named "Specials" instead of "extras" and it shows up in the web ui 

as far as alternate versions, i have them stored in the Specials older as well, and i guess thats suppose to work, but for clients like Kodi they cant be played back since they wont show up. i guess no ones going to be watching The Rouge Cut, of X-Men Days of Future Past anytime soon.

58539e3b2d3a1_embyspecials.png

Edited by codenamegamma

Jack Burton

I don't think Emby will discern between different cuts of movies. What I usually do (say for a regular release and a directors cut), is just create 2 folders for the same movie. Emby will then have 2 instances of said movie, and I change the poster for the directors cut to a poster that actually says directors cut. For example, in my movies view I have 2 "movies" of Watchmen. One has the regular poster, and the other has the Ultimate Cut poster.

As for the extras issue, I only have 1 or 2 movies with extras, and they work for me, but my folder is labelled Specials. Hope that helps

• Like 1

Good day,

This new/clean install of emby dev, and it working here as it should, naming the sub-folder should be either "extras" or "Extras" will work:

5854189db64ef_20161216_193348.jpg

585418df3d516_20161216_193236.jpg

5854192a847a2_20161216_193512.jpg

My best

Deathsquirrel

I don't think Emby will discern between different cuts of movies. What I usually do (say for a regular release and a directors cut), is just create 2 folders for the same movie. Emby will then have 2 instances of said movie, and I change the poster for the directors cut to a poster that actually says directors cut. For example, in my movies view I have 2 "movies" of Watchmen. One has the regular poster, and the other has the Ultimate Cut poster.

As for the extras issue, I only have 1 or 2 movies with extras, and they work for me, but my folder is labelled Specials. Hope that helps

This is all correct in my experience.  To add to it, you can then put the two different movies in a collection together.  That keeps them to one entry in the main UI.