Emby Home Theater Control

mellomade

mellomade

I find myself more often than not using the web interface or the iOS app to initiate playback on various displays I have in my home as I am sure many of you do.

This is great - however what is severely lacking is the ability to control other aspects of my media environment - specifically powering on/off my TV and AVR as well as controlling volume etc.  These days almost any modern AVR or TV worth its salt has IP control built in.  And if it still needs IR then there are devices like Global Cache's iTach to control it.  All these devices can be controlled via simple commands that can be sent and received over HTTP.

My question is this - is it possible to build a plugin that could render support for these devices from within the web/app interface?  And if so - are people interested in this?

I for one would LOVE to ditch my other automation control apps and use the Emby app alone for control over it all.

Thoughts?

• Like 1

Guest asrequested

Yup, this would be great. It's something I've thought about, quite a bit. My receiver is network controlled, I use the free pioneer app for all of it's functions. It would be nice to have the volume slider in ET be linked to volume control of the receiver, so I don't have to keep waking up my phone to adjust the volume.

Vidman

Yup, this would be great. It's something I've thought about, quite a bit. My receiver is network controlled, I use the free pioneer app for all of it's functions. It would be nice to have the volume slider in ET be linked to volume control of the receiver, so I don't have to keep waking up my phone to adjust the volume.

This should also be possible with emby theatres hdmi-cec support

Guest asrequested

This should also be possible with emby theatres hdmi-cec support

The volume control doesn't work at all when bitstreaming. But I haven't actually tried it with Emby. The last time I used cec it made my system operate in ways I don't like.

Edited by Doofus