Minimum Android OS?

Erik
Go to solution Solved by dansblackcat,

Hello,

Just curious if there is a minimum android OS to run either the Emby Android Mobile?

I got one of my young kids (for Christmas) a LeapFrog Epic (Android 4.4 based kids tablet) that apparently  will let me access the amazon app store so i was wondering if it would work (its already wrapped...so i wont get to test till they open it).

Thanks!

Edited by Erik

• Solution
dansblackcat

Emby for Android requires 4.1 or higher. So 4.4 will be fine.

Note:  Emby for Android TV requires 5.0 or higher.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
Guest worthington_j

Erik, did you get Emby to work on the Leapfrog Epic?  I'm trying do the same thing.  I'm able to install the app but when I launch Emby I get a black screen with the the generic user icon in the top right corner.  Nothing happens if I click on the icon and my only option is to click the back or home button.

Hi @@worthington_j

I also had the same result (but its been a but so ill load it again tonight and let you know), So far I ended up just using emby through the web browser for the kids once in a white and added my server address as an allowed site (LeapSearch Settings -> My Added Sites).

http://ipaddress:8096

It plays fine, they don't use it too often as there is a couple of display buttons issues (so the kids don't exactly know where to press for play). also it wont go fullscreen at all.

@@Luke not that its high demand... but the server shows "Transcoding (54 fps) - 1.6 Mbps webm vpx vorbis" in the dashboard but as its their own "LeapSearch Browser" im assuming they have done something funny to it.

@worthington_j

i was trying to install the app again, but "emby for andriod" is not visible on the amazon store (I'm in Canada so maybe thats it...).

did you sideload it? ill try that next, but just so i follow the same steps as you did to see if i can get mine running.

Guest worthington_j

@@Erik

It wasn't available in the amazon market for me either. I download the apk and manually installed on the tablet.  I noticed the issues as you with the web browser.