Crystal theme: Thumb strip view scrolling stutters

Since the latest update of Crystal (and or MB classic?) I have this issue with the thumb strip view. It stutters a lot, while this was not the case before. All other views don't have this issue.

Anyone recognizes this?

Additional info: I see the same behavior on the server PC, on which I also run MB classic, as well on my laptop client. 

Edited by 1972

• 1 month later...
Tester

I've noticed this issue all along with Crystal and now that I tried Breeze, I see the same issue.. very jerky/stutter in thumb strip.

Hopefully Lee has some time to solve this... I haven't seen a Crystal update for some time... :(

Seems like given the available time and priorities he has, he is more focused on his other themes. (Which might have a larger user base?)

I really like the EHS and the disc scrolling in the coverview of the Crystal theme, but until this theme is not reliable/smooth enough for me, and my family,  we stick with the Chocolat theme.   

leedavies

Hopefully Lee has some time to solve this... I haven't seen a Crystal update for some time... :(

Seems like given the available time and priorities he has, he is more focused on his other themes. (Which might have a larger user base?)

I really like the EHS and the disc scrolling in the coverview of the Crystal theme, but until this theme is not reliable/smooth enough for me, and my family,  we stick with the Chocolat theme.   

Crystal hasn't been forgotten.  As I've said in recent posts, recent upgrades to Aztec and ROC are being rolled out to Breeze and Crystal too.

As you say, there are only so many hours in a day.  A Crystal update isn't far off.

But folks... if you like my work, please buy my themes and I'll keep the updates coming.

• Like 1

Tester

Hey Lee, I went ahead and tried Breeze and I see the same stuttering..  I actually kinda like Breeze a bit better so I may purchase it.

leedavies

Hey Lee, I went ahead and tried Breeze and I see the same stuttering.. I actually kinda like Breeze a bit better so I may purchase it.

Try the latest ROC version 1.2.0.0. How is the scrolling for you?

Dont worry if your ROC trial haa already ended - it will be fine for a couple more days with this new version. .

Tester

Lee,

I tried Breeze and ROC, and I also updated MBC to 3.043 dev.  Surprisingly enough, Crystal now runs smoothly while both Breeze and ROC are slightly jerky.. No more stuterring from any of the plugins but Crystal seems smoother.. which I am sure should be the other way around.

I have a beefy system & video card ( since I game on it ) so I do not think it is my hardware.

Liking both Breeze and ROC, I may purchase one of these as well