Program Launcher

Walter

Sorry didn't have time to install a lab test with beta server. For the same reason than you ( Wife) . I prefer keep my server on stable version.

I'll try to have time to check it this week 

Thank you.

I know it's been some time now. Any chance you were able to check this out? I've been on stable version since we last posted on this. Thank you!

• 2 months later...
crazybbs

The short answer is yes . but steam game and other game using a launcher cause problem because of the way node.js manage process so when starting the executable of a steam game directly, Et keep coming back to the frontend because the starting process is killed to a few process managed by steam. 

So what i did is  i use the shorcut path to a game(lnk) and when external player use a shortcut ET start it and just kill himself so when the game close i just restart ET with remote

Edited by crazybbs

crazybbs

Not from what I know @@Luke any idea?

But it's better than nothing. With this workaround we can still play any game without have to get keyboard and mouse.

Thanks.

crazybbs

@@Luke

no the issue is when starting game using launcher like steam or uplay, ET keep coming back to the frontend because launcher kill PID started by the .exe to start new ones by the launcher So I worked around using shorcut so when executing a shortcut, I just kill emby so the game work normally and I can restart ET from harmony remote when exiting game. 

So the question is do you know a way Node.js could follow the tree of PID create by a case like this and just restore windows when the final PID is killed?

Do you understand?

Edited by crazybbs

Kmark40

Ok, 

I got something to test if anyone wanna beta testing this.

1. you need to be on beta server channel.

2. you need to copy the gamebrowser.dll  in the zip file attached here in your server plugins folder.

3. you need to configure gamebrowser for Windows games in server plugins configuration

4. you need to create a folder with the name of the apps you want in the windows games folder configured at step3

5. you need to put inside this folder a an empty file named game.gbwin

6. you need to scan library 

7. at this step you should see the "games" you want to start inside your games -> PC inside Emby

8. you can install the plugin in Emby Theater using the following url: 

https://crazybbs.github.io/Emby.Theater.Applications/package.json

9. after installing plugin you can configure applications like you configure external player using the "applications" setting

10. you can now start your applications from games->PC librairy from ET

Let me know if you need more informations 

Thank you.

Just followed these trying to utilize the Netflix Remote Controller app to no avail, much like @@danswan. After much faffing around, I found the key to opening this app and therefore netflix from emby theater was adding "Netflixstart" (with no quotations) in the command line argument at the bottom of the application/external player.

Hope this helps somebody

5ad8bae14770b_Netflixstart.jpg

UPDATE

Had a go with the "Foxtel Now"  - an Australian chrome based streaming service.  Managed to link ET to a shortcut that I had saved as an "app" on my desktop using these instructions.  Then took the information for properties and used that for the application launcher. In the attached image I've highlighted "netflix" written in the gamesystem heading.  If you follow the above procedure it should read "PC".  Anyway, it seems to work and launches in it's own window, though not in kiosk mode, which I am now giving up on.

My issue now is I do not seem to be able to have two "apps" in the "games" section that I can use with two different players at the same time, Netflix - Netflix remote controller; Foxtel Now - customise chrome "app".  Any tips?

post-1105-0-76358300-1524232976_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kmark40

• 4 weeks later...
john1701

I am stuck at the same spot with this. Game system option on ET is empty. Just trying to run chrome like relaunch did with WMC. I really like emby, went ahead and paid for lifetime (worth it so far) and youtube is the "missing link" for me to fully migrate to emby and ET.

• Like 2

nitram134

Same here. Being able to access the youtube TV UI website through Emby theatre would be an incredible addition.

• Like 1