Adjust Overscan on Xbox One

Nick D_CA

Nick D_CA

Is there a way to adjust the overscna on Emby Theater for the XBox One?

The text and images are cut off by the edges of the screen. My TV does not have any options for adjusting image size, underscan or overscan. I could not find any options on the XBox either that would help.

The Emby MCE add-on has these options and they work great, hoping that there is something similar you can help me find.

Nick

FrostByte

Is there a way to adjust the overscna on Emby Theater for the XBox One?

The text and images are cut off by the edges of the screen. My TV does not have any options for adjusting image size, underscan or overscan. I could not find any options on the XBox either that would help.

The Emby MCE add-on has these options and they work great, hoping that there is something similar you can help me find.

Nick

Mine did the same.  I made sure my display setting in the app was set to "TV" and then I had to use the TV calibration tool on the XB1 to get mine perfect

Edited by FrostByte

hardlock

I know I'm new, but I have a lot of experience with TV overscan. If you TV doesnt have a dedicated 'Overscan' option, does it have a input naming or highlighting feature. Some TV's you can change the HDMI input to a different name like, SETTOP BOX, or BLU-RAY. If there is one for 'PC' change it to that. It will disable the Overscan feature.

I had this problem with a LG/Samsung. That you had to change the association of the HDMI input.

Do you know the Model of the TV. I can look at the hidden options for you?

• 3 weeks later...
Nick D_CA

Mine did the same.  I made sure my display setting in the app was set to "TV" and then I had to use the TV calibration tool on the XB1 to get mine perfect

The TV Calibration tool is for input, not for other apps. This won't help.

Nick D_CA

I know I'm new, but I have a lot of experience with TV overscan. If you TV doesnt have a dedicated 'Overscan' option, does it have a input naming or highlighting feature. Some TV's you can change the HDMI input to a different name like, SETTOP BOX, or BLU-RAY. If there is one for 'PC' change it to that. It will disable the Overscan feature.

I had this problem with a LG/Samsung. That you had to change the association of the HDMI input.

Do you know the Model of the TV. I can look at the hidden options for you?

The TV I am using is a HP model SL4782N. I tried different inputs but they were all the same.

Thanks

FrostByte

The TV Calibration tool is for input, not for other apps. This won't help.

Not really.  Like I said it definitely helped me with the XB1 ET app when it ran over the edge, but hopefully you'll find your solution,  Cheers

Edited by FrostByte