Restoring Emby for Android Purchase

Jonz

Hi,

Is there an easier way to restore the purchase of the Android App. Time and again my Android app will not be able to play the media from my server. 

I have previously purchased Emby app back in June 2014. The usual route i use is to email apps@.media to unlock it for me.

Is there an easier way to make the unlock permanent so i dont have to go thru this once in a while?

Regards,

Jon

Since your purchase went to someone else, we are unfortunately unable to detect it automatically. Additionally, the app store gives us no way to identify you as an individual, we can only identify your device. So what we are doing with those emails is whitelisting your device. Unfortunately some devices will reset their Android ID's under certain conditions and that's why you end up having to do it again.

We are thinking about ways to improve this, for instance, if we forced you to sign in with an Emby login, then we could identify based on that. It's a possibility for the future.

Please note, users who have purchased from 2015 onwards do not need to go through this.