UN65F8000 and UN85JU645D (The CostCo Series '6')

mmmann

Developers,

I just wanted to let you know that I own both a UN65F8000 and a UN85JU645D (The CostCo Series '6'). If you need any testing done on either model, please let me know.

While I'm posting a new topic, I should make a couple observations:

Non-Tizen 2.1.3: the background wallpaper code is pretty wonky! :-) It shows random backgrounds when it doesn't know what to do; it seems to mix up movie and music backgrounds; when you enter a movie, it shows for 1-2 seconds the background from the last movie you looked at; all sorts of funny behavior it seems. The most annoying is that when you navigate into a movie then it should immediately start showing the wallpaper for that movie--no fading in/out, just an immediate blit of the appropriate background. Instead, you see some other wallpaper that takes a second or two to fade out. So you go to 'Avatar' and see the B&W wallpaper for '12 Angry Men' for a while. :-)

The non-Tizen app stil has 'stack' problems. In places, the UI doesn't return to the last place from which you navigated. I'm trying to remember where I found this again; I think it was Movies -> [A-Z] -> <letter> and then back and it doesn't go back to the letter you were on. If you have any time, someone should go through the entire app, item by item, and make sure that it pushes the location prior to entering the next screen and then pops back to the exact UI element.

Tizen *.15: The JU546D suffers from the persistent movie panel (poster, position, back-pause-fast-forward) bug. It never disappears. I understand that this has been fixed in the pending *.16 code.

Cheers.

Hi, welcome ! Yes 1.0.16 for Tizen has been approved and we're just waiting for Samsung to release it.

FrostByte

Non-Tizen 2.1.3: the background wallpaper code is pretty wonky! :-) It shows random backgrounds when it doesn't know what to do; it seems to mix up movie and music backgrounds; when you enter a movie, it shows for 1-2 seconds the background from the last movie you looked at; all sorts of funny behavior it seems. The most annoying is that when you navigate into a movie then it should immediately start showing the wallpaper for that movie--no fading in/out, just an immediate blit of the appropriate background. Instead, you see some other wallpaper that takes a second or two to fade out. So you go to 'Avatar' and see the B&W wallpaper for '12 Angry Men' for a while. :-)

On your F8000 I would give 2.2.0i a shot because it's fixed many things over 2.1.3.  I've been using it on mine for several months now and it's in the process of being moved to the stable server hopefully soon.  That being said I'm not sure the issue you describe was fixed.  We are in sort of a hiatus with no real full-time developer currently for the old Orsay app; though there are one or two folks still around that may be able to make small changes here and there if needed.

• Like 2