Sort order for Collections issue

nickyrat
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

nickyrat

Good evening! 

I have a curious issue.

I have a few different movie collections. Some of which I sort by title, and others that I sort by year. They all work fine in the browser and in the Android app version...but in WMC they seem to ignore the collection.xml data, and they can all only be sorted by the same thing.

So, ALL of my collections are sorted by title. If I try to change one collection to be sorted by year (in this case my Marvel Universe movies so that they sort chronologically and not by title) then it changes all of my Collections to that.

This is the setting in the WMC configuration. It seems to be top down from Collections "folder" to all things inside of it.

Is there a way around this?

Again it works perfectly in the android app and when I log in via the browser, but in WMC the configuration settings supersede it.

Thanks!

• Solution

Sorry, yes that is how it will be in EMC simply due to how old it is.  The app pre-dates any of those other sorting methods for collections.

• Like 1

nickyrat

Thanks, I figured this was the case.

I never really noticed before, until my wife asked why all of the Christmas movies were in order by year released instead of alphabetically.

I'm sure I will figure out a way to make it work.

Thanks again! :)

Edited by nickyrat