m3u file tags channel mapping guide

maegibbons

maegibbons

Hi

@taylorbourne and @Luke

I have tried to go the XmlTV route which I think IS SUPPOSED to match on the <channel id="abckabclosangeles.path.to"> in the xml file.

I have tried lots of different things but I just cannot make the following files automaically match/map up.

What am i doing wrong?

Krs

Mark

test-xmltv.txt

skysched.xml

maegibbons

Hi

@@Luke

I do regard this as a bug in m3u/xmltv parsing - as far as I can tell the mapping between tvg-id in the m3u and the channel-id in the xmltv.xml file just does not work.

The reason I have stopped jumping up and down is that I have worked around it!!

I have now imported all my m3u data and xmltv channel data into an Access Database.   I now can write out the m3u file easily in any format I want so "if" you sort this with another tag i can write that out too in the m3u file.  In the meantime I write out a seperate file with xml "NameValiePair" mappings that i instert directly in the Emby livetv.xml configuration file!!!

Obviously this should not be necessary if the tvg-id or any tag could actually map to the xmltv channel-id in the files I have submitted to you above.

Krs

Mark

maegibbons

Hi

FYI. Mapping between tvg-id in the m3u and the channel-id in the xmltv.xml file still does not work in Beta 291.

Further m3u and xml file enclosed for testing

Krs

Mark

access-red.txt

tvsched.zip

does the tvg-id = the channel number? that is the only thing that has currently been promised to work.

maegibbons

Yes. It does. In the m3u file attatched on previous post you will see the tvg-id and in the xml, the channel id is the same.

So i think they should match on what i have read and understood. They just dont.

Krs

Mark

Edited by maegibbons

Do you already have mappings set for those particular channel numbers? Do the correct channel numbers show up in the guide?

maegibbons

If I map the channels manually in livetv.xml then everything works fine. The channel number from the m3u channel-id tag correctly shows in guide. Its purely tvg-id auto mapping to channel id in xml that does not work.

Krs

Mark

What works:

Trailer peliculas: perfect is no longer going to youtube does it inside the application

Mp3: It works perfect

Movies in mp4 format do not work. On the server they exit as direct streaming but do not start. With perfect external player (mxplayer)

Live TV: same as with movies does not just start the player. On the server it comes out as direct streaming. With perfect external player.

Another failure is that it no longer downloads only synchronizes, that is, when you give the download button what it does is synchronize.

Greetings, I hope you have validated my tests

What works:

Trailer peliculas: perfect is no longer going to youtube does it inside the application
Mp3: It works perfect
Movies in mp4 format do not work. On the server they exit as direct streaming but do not start. With perfect external player (mxplayer)
Live TV: same as with movies does not just start the player. On the server it comes out as direct streaming. With perfect external player.
Another failure is that it no longer downloads only synchronizes, that is, when you give the download button what it does is synchronize.
Greetings, I hope you have validated my tests

Hi @@TVPLEX, i'm not exactly sure what you mean. The best thing to do is please provide the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. Thanks !

megaiptv

@@Luke ive found that mapping schedules direct has another bug. Emby seems to be using integers rather that strings to match up. so in the uk channel 104 (which most would agree is Channel 4) is mapping to BBC radio 4.

this is because on SD radio has a Zero infront of its channel number which is 0104 where as emby is seeing this as 104.

I have numbered my channels 
101 bbc1
102 bbc2
103 itv
104 channel 4
105 channel 5

but the epg comes through as

101 bbc1
102 BBC Radio
103 BBC Radio
104 BBC Radio
105 BBC Five Live

​those channel numbers are right for schedules but Emby is pulling 0102 0103 0104 0105

maegibbons

Hi

Have you tried manually mapping the channels?

I have actually moved away from the native SD import routines for matching to SD.

I now download the xmltv files from SD and map those using the xmltv import routine by the FULL SD channel-id to my generated m3u list.

Means my guide is just how I want it.  M3u file ends up looking like:

#EXTINF:-1 channel-id="2001" tvg-id="I69387.json.schedulesdirect.org",BBC 1 HD
http://my-iptv.xyz:4550/live/xxxxxxxx/xxxxxxx/308.ts

Krs

Mark

megaiptv

could u briefly outline the apps and steps u used to do this. i was going to put the channel id in to preserve the channel order and rely on schedules direct plugin to fill out guide and metadata. but I'm looking for something to work now.

also how do u get the list of channel and sd links. ive tried a few tools but nothing gives me the output I want. my setup is mostly uk tv with a few USA sports channels so a custom m3u is likely the way to go

maegibbons

Hi

The main tool I use is an xmltv grabber called "tv_grab_sd_json".

I run a linux server and these tools are mainly geared to Linux althought there are windows builds available.

Google for tv_grab_sd_json and you can see how to operate it.  I run it daily by cron with the command:

tv_grab_sd_json --days 10 --output /mnt/Multimedia/skytvsched.xml

You first have to configure it with the lineup you want, (ie transmitter, postcode etc - very easy and guides you)

The SD channel id's are obviously in the XML file generated.  I already have a list of UK channel-ids mapped to Sky Channel Numbers and my iptv provider in an access Database where I select the channels I want in my m3u file from all the channels available.  I then have a routine that generates the m3u file.

Emby then reads both the generated m3u and the download xmltv file and voila!

krs

Mark

• Like 1

megaiptv

thanks mark i have the generated xml. i'll work with it and manually make my m3u. id like a look at that access routine tho. my iptv provider is always changing channels so a database would def be the way forward

• 4 years later...