Version 2.3.24, Amlogic S905 LibreElec Ram dimiished

e123enitan

e123enitan

Hi Angleblue, Just want to report that after rebuilding to latest 2.3.24 same issue reported in the past with ram reduction.

So while the process is ongoing the ram start to diminished for 1570 till 191mb at this point it halted the Syn process, I make several changes to the setup option it make no difference. 

What I end up doing is, through back end copied these following files  (Database, Library, and Thumbnails) from my Window Kodi over to LibreElec, instantly every appears in LibreElec, then restart Kodi and then the syn-process kick off for few mins after completion everything runs perfectly as normal. This process appears to be quicker, as my low power device often takes hours to complete initial syn, mainly because of the memory issue, anyway, I am good I that thought I should let you know.

Thanks

Angelblue05

Yeah, the problem is the following, all of the metadata in the library being processed is held into memory. Are you saying that even after the library section is processed, you don't see a decrease in ram usage? Let me know.

That's why I created the emby backup option, to mitigate the need to do an initial sync more than once (unless you use different Kodi versions). However, the thumbnails are not backed up, because they are not necessarily optimized for the device. It's best to let the device generate them, you can also force the add-on to cache all of the artwork to make the process faster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Angelblue05