Rotten Tomatoes log entries? Is it working?

jnheinz
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

jnheinz

Hi, I am a lifetime supporter & have my premiere key successfully imported.  I downloaded the Rotten Tomatoes plug-in & have ran quite a few metadata refreshes of my libraries the past few days.  Seeing a few Rotten Tomatoes ratings, not a lot though.  What can I look for in the Emby logs to see if it is using the plug-in to crawl for its 100 Rotten Tomato reviews per day?

Thanks,

sparc

jnheinz

It is just the tomato icon. Are you seeing those?

I found a few.. like 2 or 3 when I looked through about 60 movies.  I am just curious if anything is logged in the Emby Server log that I can grep for.

• Solution

You would need to have internet metadata enabled, which is by default, and your movies would need to have pulled in Imdb id's. Do they have those? You can determine this by checking if the detail screen has an Imdb link on it.

• Like 1

jnheinz

You would need to have internet metadata enabled, which is by default, and your movies would need to have pulled in Imdb id's. Do they have those? You can determine this by checking if the detail screen has an Imdb link on it.

I have all metadata downloaders enabled in the Metadata section as well as checked to download from the Internet in the libraries.

OK, I think I'm finally making progress.  For some reason, the IMDb ID (wrong) is the same as the TMDb ID (right).  When I manually identified it, it corrected this & immediately grabbed the Rotten Tomatoes data.  So, is there an automated way to do this?  I do have a license to Media Center Master that I ran all of these movies through to get the artwork & ID'd.  Thought it looked good, but apparently not.  Apparently somewhere along the way, the IMDb ID was replaced.

Edited by jnheinz

jnheinz

Ok. I would just suggest using Emby for metadata. Thanks.

How would you suggest recovering from bad IMDb IDs on a few hundred movies?  Should I delete NFO files & refresh metadata?

jnheinz

I have moved all of the movies out of the library.  I deleted their NFO files, the movie.XML file created by Media Center Master.  I placed them back into the library & am letting it do its initial thing.  I am seeing positive results on testing with deleting NFO & XML, placing back in library, scan for missing metadata & replace all metadata.  It is finally spitting out some Rotten Tomato data.

Yes be aware XML is pretty much legacy now. We just do not have the capacity to maintain two metadata options, so nfo is the way to go.

• Like 1

jnheinz

Yes be aware XML is pretty much legacy now. We just do not have the capacity to maintain two metadata options, so nfo is the way to go.

Ok, thanks.  I see Emby Server doing its thing now & am liking what I am seeing.  The folders & files are named properly for crawling, so it is pretty much identifying everything on its own & getting the Rotten Tomato rating.  I think I can handle it from here; I had no idea my IMDb IDs were duplicates (wrong) of my TMDb IDs.  That would explain the anomaly.  Thanks for the tips.  I will avoid using 2 forms of metadata files & Media Center Master (which was producing the legacy XML files) - it's kind of a clunky product anyways.  It worked well to sort out all my folder names initially to get them named & identified properly, get some artwork, etc.  But I see some flaws in it that were hurting me.

Edited by jnheinz

jnheinz

Thank you for this product.  It is an absolute godsend compared to setting up libraries on each individual Kodi client, crawling for metadata that was wrong, being unable to fix it easily.  Plex worked for a lot of things, but I feel Emby is the superior product for metadata & presentation to the end user.