Network share - Please help

naeyaert

naeyaert

Hello Emby Community - Someone please help as I'm going nuts over this issue...

I have Emby Theater setup on my lounge machine with the latest server with 99% of my media on the local drive.  

However, I have one machine in the house with media that I want to access in my library "tv shows".

I have setup "tv shows" library to include the full UNC name of the other computer (i.e. \\anothercomputer\tv shows\) and everything looks to be fine. When I hit "network" on the library, it sees "\\anothercomputer\tv shows" and all is fine.

I can also access this remote share from the PC running emby server (in my lounge) via the normal file manager and I can play the media no problem.

The issue I have is within Emby Theater, under my "TV Shows", I can see the one library of shows on the remote machine (the show is "The Late Show with Stephen Colbert") but in Emby Theatre I cant play the media. In fact, the list of media on the screen (the show details etc) bares no resemblance to the actual media on the share.  I made sure that the naming of the files and the folder names are all accurate and that the show is identified correctly using IMDB ID etc 

Like I said, I have a tonne of media local on the lounge server and everything works perfectly.  It's just this one TV show that is on another machine that is giving me a headache. All the access to the folder is full access (read/write) and the home share is all setup correctly and the machine can see each other fine and access files and play videos outside of Emby Theatre (in the file manager etc)

This once worked a while ago but I cant recall what version of Emby server that was as my system auto updates.  I get the feeling it's something easy but I have poured over the settings and I cant see anything logical that is causing this issue.  I have refreshed my library about 15 times and nothing seems to change on the remote tv show I describe.

Can someone please (please) help me?  I'm going absolutely bonkers.

Thanks Rob 

naeyaert

I'm not sure what that would do to be honest. Like I mention the only thing that is different in this one folder is that it resides on a separate machine. It's almost like the refresh is not seeing the remote machine.

Happy2Play

Does it have the same issue in the web client?  Is the folder structure \tv shows\The Late Show with Stephen Colbert?

naeyaert

Yes the same issue in the web client and yes the folder structure is \\anothercomputer\tv shows\the late show with Stephen Colbert

It's driving me nuts

naeyaert

PROBLEM SOLVED --- Sorry everyone. I feel quite stupid. I found my problem. I neglected to note that the season had moved onto season 2. When I renamed the folder to season 2 everything burst into life.

Rookie mistake and i apologise. Thank you all for taking the time to reply. Head hung in shame.