Unable to play xvid type files?

Slowcobra

Slowcobra

After seeing that there was actual emby support on ps4 and not the dnla crapshoot I was happy. I played 1 movie the other night without an issue. Tonight I tried playing episodes of a TV show and it just hangs. I tried rebooting the PS4, rebooted the emby plugin, rebooted the jail(running on Freenas 9.10.1) is it just me and I need to look further or is it an issue with ps4 playback of xvid files?

Slowcobra

@@Slowcobra,  Can you describe the issue in more detail? Does it start playing at all? Thanks !

Emby itself starts but when I select an xvid file it just hangs on a black screen.

Emby itself starts but when I select an xvid file it just hangs on a black screen.

I also can confirm that I get this error but it's only on sone MPEG4 files, it's hit and miss. It's weird as Emby is transcoding the file - it's in ts segments in the temp folder - but it doesn't want to initialise the play. I can't find a commonality however...

Hi @@Slowcobra. I can't seem to reproduce the problem. Is it possible to provide a sample video file for testing? Thanks !

I can provide a file if Slowcobra hasn't

mgworek

I was also having the problem. The first night I had 0 problems but after that didn't have much luck. I haven't tried in awhile. Was going to wait for the next release. Will try again if you find anything after test the clip he gave you.

Slowcobra

Sorry been busy and haven't messed with it. I check here, about to go grab a file, and distracted by wife, dogs,oooh shiny stuff haha Glad it's not just me!

So have tested another 15+ MPEG4 files that didn't play before your pushed fix and they all play fine. So should have reported this earlier but what a quick fix after Luke grabbed my 'test' file. You my friend are a legend.

Probably should open another thread for this but have noticed that when you select a file via remote control it doesn't display the file's page on the PS4 but it still plays the file when play is pushed. Nonetheless a few friends of mine will be very happy with this PS4 fix. Thanks again

Thanks for the report. It's possible ET may just not yet have added support for the remote control command to display content. I'll double check that. Thanks.