Emby has stopped working for me

kcdh

Hi,  

I can't get Emby to open anymore. All that comes up is a screen that asks me to wait while the database is being upgraded, but it has remained at 0% for over a day now.  I'm not sure if my problem is the latest version or that I switched to an external SSD boot drive recently and this is the first time using Emby since.  I did migrate my user directly to the new drive.  

Ok, at this point, are you open to a fresh install? Going forward we will never be doing those large database upgrades ever again, so it's probably not worth dwelling on it right now. If you are open to a fresh install I can set you up with a preview of the next server release, you could start clean with that.

If you enabled nfo saving, there will be nfo files in the same folders as your media files, right next to them actually. If not, then your best bet will just be to let the database upgrade complete to avoid losing edits.

So then in that case they should have your custom edits and if you wanted to try this you could do a complete uninstall followed by a new install of the version i've linked to in post #2. If you want to backup watch data though we'll need to handle that before though.

ok I'll give it a try.  does a complete uninstall involve special steps?  also, i don't see a link to a different version in post #2

Edited by kcdh

that works, but the library doesn't open (spins and spins when I click Home) and when I click 'scan library' it doesn't show that the library is scanning.  

hi, sorry I haven't responded sooner.  I just tried the new build from the downloads page and it still doesn't work.  I've attached a screenshot.  Nothing happens when i click on the icons displayed in the screenshot.

58575c98852c5_ScreenShot20161218at110321

cleared browser data.  i now get the home screen but with a continually spinning circle.  when i click 'scan library' it isn't indicated on the dashboard.  

Can you grab the Emby Server log? I don't believe I've seen one of this issue from the new version. thanks.

• Like 1

GoldFiNNger

I am running multiple Emby servers (OSX, Ubuntu & FreeNAS), and by far the OSX build has been the most stable.

Therefore, it's likely not an issue with the program, but most likely network/browser settings. As @@Luke recommended, you should post your server log and you'll be more likely to find a solution for the specific issue involving your server installation.

I am running multiple Emby servers (OSX, Ubuntu & FreeNAS), and by far the OSX build has been the most stable.

Therefore, it's likely not an issue with the program, but most likely network/browser settings. As @@Luke recommended, you should post your server log and you'll be more likely to find a solution for the specific issue involving your server installation.

Hi @@GoldFiNNger thanks for the update !

• Like 1