Error playing movie

legallink

legallink

For some reason, movies from one folder have suddenly stopped being playable on iOS and tvOS apps.  They still playin the browser and in theater.  I've posted a log when attempting to play one movie from that folder.  This is a recent occurrence with no changes on my end, just happened out of the blue.

zootopia.txt

Edited by legallink

Well it's direct playing so it looks like either something is wrong with the file or the device doesn't support it. 

legallink

That is what I thought, but I I have my standard format which is the same for all files, which is an .mkv with the original data, and then an .mp4 for the ios devices.  Nothing wonky here.  And it is/was all files in a given folder....not file specific.

legallink

Any thoughts or info I can supply on this? It is peculiar because it is only certain files despite all files being prepped with the same settings.

legallink

For anyone that was checking out/following this thread, there appears to be a bug in iOS and tvOS 10 when DTS tracks are on a file.  I believe @@Luke is going to update the server to ensure it transcodes until Apple fixes the bug.  This is not an issue with iOS and tvOS 9.  If you want to avoid transcoding entirely, you'll have to make sure your files do not have a DTS audio track embedded in the file that would normally direct play for these players.

​I do not believe this affects Roku players.