Server's Directory for Genres is empty

uncleben000

uncleben000

I am using an Ausustor model AS5102T

Running ADM version 2.6.5.R9N1

Emby Version 3.0.8500.0

It use to work but once I updated my ADM and EMBY version it does not work anymore.

When I am on the media browser on a pc I can see all the generic genres broken down and select (Animation, Action , etc) and access the movies attached to it.

But when I am using my devices (android tablet, Smart TV) the Genres selection under my folders is now empty when I view from these devices.

Thank you for your attention on this.

best regards,

Nick

Log

uncleben000

Thanks for the quick reply.

Picture is from my Android Devices when I am looking on Genres to go to my movies. The section shows there is nothing sorted by genres.

Also on my Samsung Smart tv also the file for genres is empty and has nothing sorted out.

However, on the media browser on the PC when I run emby I can see all the movies sorted out in genres. but this doesnt reflect on my external devices.

Hope that clears my question.

583f44d6b15d9_Screenshot_20161130162622.

Ok so this is with DLNA, not an Emby app. This issue has been resolved already for the next release of Emby Server. Thanks.

geoff511

Hi uncleben000

(don't get me started with the 'fantastic' Emby updates Asustor releases) but I just checked on my Android Tablet running the Emby app. and TV (connected to my Asustor using Kodi) and all my movies are showing in the Genres section etc. like they should.

Just wondering, have you added the "(Optional) Shared network folder:" details to your library locations ?      

In my case it's   -  smb://192.xxx.xx.252/Media/Movies                    (change the xx for your network details   --   prob -  192.168.1.226)

Not sure if it does anything re your problem, but I found it helped with playback on devices connected via the network, so it might help with listing the movies as well.  ??

• 8 months later...