No ability to unmap channel completely

Jdiesel

Jdiesel

Maybe I am missing it but I don't have the ability to unmap a channel from the guide completely. When using Schedule Direct it will attempt to auto map all the channels, in the event a channel is automatically mapped there is no way of selecting the "none" as a possible option. The only option is to map to one of the available channels included in the guide.

• 1 year later...
Spaceboy

Emby has got far too keen in recent builds and doesnt seem to be happy unless a epg has been allocated to each channel regardless of if they do not match. Emby is matching channels that have no schedules direct reference in the m3u. The top and bottom one here are matched correctly because the correct SD ref is specified in the m3u. the middle two are i guess Emby's best match?

5ae6f79951e8d_Capture.png

worse, there is no apparent way to break the link, i.e., to be able to link it to "None". so i now have a large amount of garbage epg that i am unable to remove....

• Like 2

Better channel management is planned for the future. For now the best thing to do is just map it to the right channel.

Spaceboy

Better channel management is planned for the future. For now the best thing to do is just map it to the right channel.

the right channel doesnt exist in the SD epg.

whats worse is that i actually need to use 3 different SD lineups. And so when you add the first emby does its best to match everything, when you add the second....................oh its too late everything is already matched.

you MUST do two things immediately, this cannot wait infinite time for you. Channel management was planned for the near future six months ago. its now back out to simply "the future":

• cycle back to the less enthusiastic channel matching
  • provide an option to match a channel to NONE
  • Like 2

jasonwilliams

Agreed it's a bit painful to map channels, but the workaround I found is to use an editor like Xtreme-Editor.  With that you can easily match the channels to the SD EPG and simply set the channels that aren't mapped to a channel in the lineup to "1000" or higher.  This is also nice because no matter what happens to the tuner in Emby, it comes out pre-mapped.  I've had to delete the tuner a couple of times and this saves a ton of time.

Live TV appears to be high priority to the Emby team, so I expect when the channel management enhancement comes out, it will be well worth the wait.  Let me know if you need any help in the meantime.

Spaceboy

Agreed it's a bit painful to map channels, but the workaround I found is to use an editor like Xtreme-Editor.  With that you can easily match the channels to the SD EPG and simply set the channels that aren't mapped to a channel in the lineup to "1000" or higher.  This is also nice because no matter what happens to the tuner in Emby, it comes out pre-mapped.  I've had to delete the tuner a couple of times and this saves a ton of time.

Live TV appears to be high priority to the Emby team, so I expect when the channel management enhancement comes out, it will be well worth the wait.  Let me know if you need any help in the meantime.

thanks, but thats not the issue here

Edited by Spaceboy

maegibbons

@@Luke

And PLEASE look at the situation where you have multiple m3u channels mapped to the same EPG SD REF.

Currently only ONE channel is populated with guide data.

This was FIXED last year and broke sometime late last year.

Its just crazy that two similar channels, one SD and one HD cannot share the same EPG data.

You fixed it once now PLEASE fix it again..

krs

Mark

Spaceboy

@@Luke

And PLEASE look at the situation where you have multiple m3u channels mapped to the same EPG SD REF.

Currently only ONE channel is populated with guide data.

This was FIXED last year and broke sometime late last year.

Its just crazy that two similar channels, one SD and one HD cannot share the same EPG data.

You fixed it once now PLEASE fix it again..

krs

Mark

hi Mark,

i noticed that when i reset up my m3u and epg maybe three weeks ago, it did fill in all the epg for all my repeated channels. But like you i didnt see this from the daily refresh of the epg. so its an option for you! :)

but @@Luke this does need fixing as mark will find. roughly 100 channels in my m3u have no epg. there's a number of 24x7 channels that the provider makes available and all the live sports channels are also not expected to have epg. currently these are all matched giving me several instances of some channels. this can make scheduling recordings almost impossible due to the appearance of programs from the phantom channels in the search.

the simplest option, and how WMC used to do this, is to have the first entry in the list of epg be "(none)" which dissociates  any epg from that channel.

maegibbons

Well blow me down!

Duplicate chanels are now working again in my EPG!!  They were not two weeks or so ago!!

So whatever you did @@Luke (if you know)  - thank you!

Krs

Mark

Spaceboy

Well blow me down!

Duplicate chanels are now working again in my EPG!! They were not two weeks or so ago!!

So whatever you did @@Luke (if you know) - thank you!

Krs

Mark

just my problem to fix then!
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...
maegibbons

You are running out of time....

We have been VERY patient on Cnan Man

Krs

Mark

• 2 weeks later...
mypanasonic

noticed this problem still hasn't being rectified

also on a side note when auto mapping the (UK) content 

it automatically maps the radio channels instead of the TV channels!

Even when the channel id is correct ie. "101" and the channel name "BBC One" 

It will map it as 101 BBC Radio one which is the channel directly below it !

This then automatically fills in the channel info and picons with the incorrect data

you then have to manually correct each picon and remap each channel manually.

and as pointed out above if the channel is not on the SD list the wrong channel data can not be removed.

PS. I see you are getting rid of SD in the server update anyways

and i hope the process of mapping is less tedious.    

• Like 1

• 2 years later...