sqlite package error before update. CentOS

altramarine
Go to solution Solved by xenu,

hurricanehrndz

Man, i feel like this isn't my couple of days. I should have read @@xeno's last reply.

I went ahead and deleted emby-server related packages and the /usr/lib/emby-server directory.

I then reinstalled emby-server from repo and now /usr/lib/emby-server  is empty.

How badly did I butcher it?

Not badly at all. All personal configuration and settings are stored in `/var/lib/emby-server`, make a backup of that directory before proceeding further. If you reinstalled emby-server /usr/lib/emby-server should not be empty. 

hurricanehrndz

Would you guys prefer that I merge the changes into the main repo? I would have rather had some testing to confirm that my changes would have fixed the issues before proceeding.

altramarine

Thanks @@hurricanehrndz,

Well, i did indeed butcher it up big time. I deleted /var/lib/emby-server instead of /usr/lib/emby-server so ignore my previous post.

I have a backup of my configuration but I will need to re-install emby from scratch.

Thats the price I have to pay for doing things wile being tired heh.

Thank you for your patience and for helping us test these new package changes. We apologize for the instability but it is only temporary while the initial kinks are being worked out. You can read the full list of improvements that has been applied here:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/41928-linux-package-changes/

Thanks.

• Like 1

hurricanehrndz

All fixes have been merged. I hope this resolves the last of the minor issues with the packages.

Thank you so much for contributing back to the project your feedback and patience is what will make it better and better.

Edited by hurricanehrndz
  • Like 2

altramarine

Unfortunately, I cannot confirm how the merged changed would have worked with my existing install.

I ended up reinstalling emby from scratch in which case everything installed fine.

Prior to screwing my setup completely I too, same as @@xeno, noticed the presence of old ImageMagick-6.9.5 folder along with the newer EmbyMagick-6.9.6 in /usr/lib/emby-server/lib64/.

After the new install, only EmbyMagick-6.9.6 is present, and emby is working well. Sorry I couldn't have been more help.

I sincerely thank you for your speedy response to this.

Edited by altramarine