Questions about Media Stubs

funwithmedia
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Happy2Play

Do your stubs have metadata?  Seem to play a role also.

But It appears to be naming convention as I just added a stub *.hddvd.disc and *.hdvd.jpg, and the image wasn't recognized.  But if the image was poster or folder.jpg it was recognized.

2016-12-31 18:02:04.8389 Debug LibraryMonitor: Resetting file refresher from C:\Users\Media-Test\Desktop\Video Test\Movies\The Whole Truth (2016)\The Whole Truth (2016).hddvd.disc to C:\Users\Media-Test\Desktop\Video Test\Movies\The Whole Truth (2016)
2016-12-31 18:02:12.0697 Debug LibraryMonitor: Changed detected of type Renamed to C:\Users\Media-Test\Desktop\Video Test\Movies\The Whole Truth (2016)\poster.jpg
Edited by Happy2Play
  • Like 1

funwithmedia

What do you mean by metadata in this instance? A .nfo file gets created containing metadata, if that is what you mean. But the filename is just "Star Trek Beyond (2016).hddvd.disc" and then "Star Trek Beyond (2016).hddvd.jpg" (or "Star Trek Beyond (2016).hddvd-poster.jpg", but neither work for me).

Thank you much for testing things further on your end -- it is helpful confirming that this is not limited to me! You had indicated earlier that you got "Mad Max - Fury Road (2015).3d.bluray-poster.jpg" to work, but I just did a test with "Mad Max - Fury Road (2015).3d.bluray.disc" and "Mad Max - Fury Road (2015).3d.bluray-poster.jpg" and the image still was not recognized. So that's curious.

Happy2Play

What do you mean by metadata in this instance? A .nfo file gets created containing metadata, if that is what you mean. But the filename is just "Star Trek Beyond (2016).hddvd.disc" and then "Star Trek Beyond (2016).hddvd.jpg" (or "Star Trek Beyond (2016).hddvd-poster.jpg", but neither work for me).

Thank you much for testing things further on your end -- it is helpful confirming that this is not limited to me! You had indicated earlier that you got "Mad Max - Fury Road (2015).3d.bluray-poster.jpg" to work, but I just did a test with "Mad Max - Fury Road (2015).3d.bluray.disc" and "Mad Max - Fury Road (2015).3d.bluray-poster.jpg" and the image still was not recognized. So that's curious.

With the Mad Max scenario I had multiple version in the parent folder and that is how Emby named the images, it used the file naming scheme.  @@Luke But it appears Emby does not honor that when done manually.

funwithmedia

Oh, I see -- so you didn't manually configure that name, that was just one of the ones it created for you (if I understand you correctly).

• Like 1