Can't Stream combined channel with HDHome run Connect

Volfan6415

Volfan6415

So i have both a prime and a HD homerun connect.  In windows media center they are both combined into the respective channels.  For example (6.1(connect) and 1007(prime)).  If i attempt to watch any of the channels that are combined it makes a call to the connect tuner (first in the list) and the stream doesn't start.  I checked the error messages in the HD homerun log and this message is displayed:

20161128-15:25:38 HTTP: rejecting request from 192.168.1.160 - invalid virtual channel number

Adding the tuner via the default Live TV app works and if i add the virtual channel (6.1) back into the guide i can stream via server WMC.

Hi, please attach the complete log file as I doubt krustyreturns will be able to help without that. Thanks.

Volfan6415

Here are the logs, I attempted to start WDSU channel 1007.  This channel is combined in WMC and uses both the HDHomeRun Prime Channel 1007 and the Connect channel 6.1.  It looks like the signal gets to the HD homrun tuner and the message i listed above is given in the HD connect logs.

Looking at the ServerWMC logs i see this:

2016/11/28 12:12:06.717 OpenLiveStream> -----------------start------------------------
2016/11/28 12:12:06.717 OpenLiveStream> transcode profile will be set to: none
2016/11/28 12:12:06.719 OpenLiveStream> client: Emby^SERVER requesting live stream on channel WDSUHD/1007
2016/11/28 12:12:06.719 LiveDlnaStream> live-tv dlna started
2016/11/28 12:12:06.746 LiveDlnaStream> DLNA device: 192.168.1.171 / 1041B669, has a tuner available, stopping search
2016/11/28 12:12:06.746 LiveDlnaStream> DLNA address set: http://192.168.1.171:5004/auto/v1007
2016/11/28 12:12:06.746 LiveDlnaStream> total time: 0.03 sec
2016/11/28 12:12:06.746 OpenLiveStream> stream path returned to client: http://192.168.1.171:5004/auto/v1007
2016/11/28 12:12:06.746 OpenLiveStream> -----------------done-------------------------

looks like it is attempting to load v1007 from the connect which i assume should have been "translated" to v6.1 at somepoint prior to making that call?

server.txt

transcode.txt

ServerWMC.log

ServerWMC_Service.log

Edited by Volfan6415

krustyreturns

Try changing to this setting in the serverwmc settings file.

Change:

<Decoy_LiveStreamProtectLevel>1</Decoy_LiveStreamProtectLevel>

to
  <Decoy_LiveStreamProtectLevel>0</Decoy_LiveStreamProtectLevel>

save the settings then restart serverwmc.  Let me know if that works.

krustyreturns

Oh.  When you can, please turn DLNA mode off in serverwmc (for emby) and let me know if it works then.

Volfan6415

Ok so i unchecked the box for emby under the liveTV tab, and then restarted the serverWMC backedn service.  However from the serverWMC logs it still looks like it is using the DLNA mode.

Also the channel still doesn't stream?  Did i disable DNLA mode properly with the app?  I should add that i am running serverWMC in service mode.

Here are some more logs

ServerWMC_Service.log

Log.txt

Edited by Volfan6415

krustyreturns

You are right that dlna mode was not disabled.  Did you restart the service after you changed the settings?  First make sure that dlna mode is really disabled in the settings file, look in %programdata%\VDsoftware\ServerWMC\config.xml and make sure you see:

<UseDLNAChannels_MBS>false</UseDLNAChannels_MBS>

if not, change it to false and save the file.  Then restart the service.

Volfan6415

Ok so i checked the settings file, it was still set to true, so i changed it to false. I guess the app didn't change the setting.  Restarted the service and this time it went to a black play screen like the stream was about to start, but the stream never started. Previously i had just been getting a spinning circle.  

I have attached the emby server and transcode logs and the ServerWMC log.

Also the HD homerun tuner appears to have gotten the correct call:

20161129-18:14:29 Tuner: tuner0 streaming rtp to 192.168.1.163:63983

Also in case you hadn't figured it out.  ServerWMC is running on my HTPC which is at 192.168.1.163 and emby runs on my server which is at 192.168.1.160.

ServerWMC_Service.log

Log (1).txt

transcode.txt

Edited by Volfan6415

krustyreturns

Yeah, it looks like the stream started fine in serverwmc, so I don't know why it didn't play.  @@Luke emby is reporting an error probing the live-tv stream.

Perhaps you could try a comparison against the portable edition of the stable server? Please note, I am assuming you are interested in this type of activity since you are running a testing build of Emby Server. 

Thanks for the report.

Volfan6415

sure what do i need to do to get the portable version of the server? I haven't used that before.  Willing to test whatever needs to be tested to get to the bottom of the issue.

Volfan6415

no dice with the portable install.  The call gets made to the tuner.  But with the portable install of the stable build i don't even see that a transcode stream gets started.  Here are the logs.

I tested from both chrome on a mac as well as from my IOS app (i added my premier key to the portable build) i could not get channels from either the homerun prime (channel 2 on the ios app) or from the connect (channel 1007) tested in chrome to start streaming.

Log-emby.txt

ServerWMC_Service.log

Edited by Volfan6415

krustyreturns

I don't know if the emby devs will want you to try something, but I'm curious if the release version of emby server has this problem, have you tried that?

Volfan6415

I don't know if the emby devs will want you to try something, but I'm curious if the release version of emby server has this problem, have you tried that?

I did try with the release version as the portable install as indicated above.  I am not sure which version of the serverwmc plugin i was using, i installed the serverwmc plugin through the plugin page within emby. 

edit - just reloaded the portable install of the stable version and confirmed that the serverwmc plugin version was 1.0.0.74. So the logs i posted in post 14 are testing against the stable version with severwmc plugin version 1.0.0.74

Edited by Volfan6415

krustyreturns

Wait...

In the http service tab of serverwmc, make sure you check to use urls for streaming live-tv to emby server.  Maybe that's the problem.

Volfan6415

Genius! I made sure that the box was checked and now it is working again.

So will the DLNA mode get fixed? Or is there any advantage to that? 

krustyreturns

The DLNA mode problem is unique to your combo channel (due to the different channel numbers) - non-DLNA mode handles this fine.  Its something I'd need to fix in serverwmc's DLNA mode to handle this special case.  

There are some advantages and disadvantages to non-DLNA mode, but for now its your only option with these channels.

Edited by krustyreturns