Ember for W8 App Won't Remember My Server or User

JBL

Hi Everyone,

First off, major props to 7Illusions for the awesome job on the UWP apps!

I'm having trouble with the Emby for Windows 8.1 app ''remembering'' (so to speak) my Emby Server and my Emby credentials.

When I launch the Emby app, the green circle spins for about 5 mins and presents me with the connection wizard.

Here's a timeline of the events: 

1) Install the Emby app from the Windows Store

2) Launch it

3) Run thru the connection wizard, entering the local IP address of my media server (192.168.1.10), choosing my Emby user, entering it's password

4) Emby loads, and I can see/playback my content normally

5) Exit out of the Emby app

6) Launch the Emby app again

7) Green circle spins for about 5 minutes

8) I'm presented with the connection wizard again, so I run thru the whole process again

The Emby App does not seem to remember:

1) My Emby Server (either it's IP addy, hostname, external DDNS name, etc.)

2) My Emby user's credentials

Setup:

1) HTPC is running Windows 8.1 Pro

2) Emby Server and HTPC are connected via gigabit ethernet

3) The Emby for WMC app (installed on the same HTPC) connects to/remembers my Emby Server normally

Other Info:

1) Turned off Norton entirely (no FW, no A/V, nothing), howerver the same behavior with the Emby app persisted

2) Attempted to use Emby Connect with the Emby app, which didn't work...came back and said ''Invaid Credentials' (all other clients can connect via Emby Connect though, locally/over the internet/etc)

3) The Ember for Emby app on my laptop (W10) always remembers/connects normally (over the internet, locally network, via Emby Connect, etc)

Anything I'm missing IRT the Emby App for Windows 8.1? Any log files I should be looking at?

Thanks!!

I found the Emby App logs, and uploaded them here:

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AqEIUVx7Kl4L3N1pYd0EQ7ZuaDjq6Q

I let the Emby App do the 5 min green circle stuff, and then the connection wizard stars.

Before I ran thru anything, I grabbed the logs.

it looks like somehow the app is set to hit 10.10.54.2:8096, which I know I didn't do.

Here is the top of the Error Log:

Sequence: 21
Date/time: 2016-11-26T20:59:28.6625105+00:00
Level: ERROR
Thread: 9
Logger: RtLogger
------------------------
Error getting response from http://10.10.54.2:8096/emby/Users/Public?format=json
------------------------
System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 10.10.54.2:8096

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe 10.10.54.2 is hardcoded into the app?

I'm going to uninstall the Emby app, reboot, rename C:\Users\Justin\AppData\Local\Packages\436337Illusions.com.MediaBrowser_77hd5e1v1hqs4 to OLD-436337Illusions.com.MediaBrowser_77hd5e1v1hqs4, reinstall the Emby app and see if starts remembering my server, or if it goes back to 10.10.54.2

Update:

1) Uninstalled the Emby App

2) Rebooted

3) The uninstaller deleted \AppData\Local\Packages\436337Illusions....\, so I didn't need to mess with it

4) Installed the Emby App

5) Ran thru the wizard, chose to ''Connect to server manually"

6) Connected to my Emby Server's local IP addy and port (192.168.1.10 and 8096)

7) Login tiles appeared, I chose the user I use for my HTPC, entered PW and logged in 

8) The Sync notification appeared in the upper right hand corner of the app, ran for a minute or so and stopped

9) I was able to browse my media

10) Minimized the Emby App to checkout the logs...new logs uploaded here:

https://1drv.ms/f/s!...pYd0EQ7ZuaDjq6Q

Logs are named:

Emby-App-Log-After-Fresh-Install-And-First-Run.txt

Emby-App-Error-Log-After-Fresh-Install-And-First-Run.txt

Here's the top of the new Error Log showing the exact same info:

Sequence: 116
Date/time: 2016-11-26T21:26:53.5954748+00:00
Level: ERROR
Thread: 5
Logger: RtLogger
------------------------
Error getting response from http://10.10.54.2:8096/emby/system/info?format=json
------------------------
System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 10.10.54.2:8096
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.EndConnect(IAsyncResult asyncResult)

At this point, I'm all out of ideas : - )

7illusions

Hi,

The problem resides in an old version of the Model library shared between the server and the app.

In that old version, the data entered within the app is replaced with another value from the server. In most cases this works fine, but for some users it fails.

I'm not sure if I can build a package for 8.1 any longer, I might have a virtual environment with the correct versions of everything.. I will have a look on Monday.

Hi,

The problem resides in an old version of the Model library shared between the server and the app.

In that old version, the data entered within the app is replaced with another value from the server. In most cases this works fine, but for some users it fails.

I'm not sure if I can build a package for 8.1 any longer, I might have a virtual environment with the correct versions of everything.. I will have a look on Monday.

Hey 7, thx much for the quick reply! 

Is there anything on my Emby Server that I can config that'll force the data to be replaces with another value from the server?

Fingers crossed on you being able to build a new package : - )

New package compiled. It will be uploaded shortly and then wait for Store to approve it.

Cool thanks! I'll check it out later this afternoon when I get home or tomorrow....