Music Videos library broken

fc7
Go to solution Solved by fc7,

I can't tell exactly when the problem started because I'm not watching content from this library regularly but it used to work fine a month ago for example.

Basically the problem is that all the metadata for my Music Videos library seems to be gone. Folder structure remains untouched and it was setup like this:

Music Video 1/Music Video 1.mkv

Music Video 2/Music Video 2.mkv

Music Video 3/Music Video 3.mkv

And so on. Same setup as the Movies library (which still works just fine).

Something I noticed that is different is that before the problem started I would see all my music videos posters in the main Music Videos library view and when I clic on any of them I would see the music video details.

Now, it's like I see the music video folders instead and when I clic on any of them, I will then see the music video poster, and only when I clic on the poster I will see the actual music video details (pictures attached). Basically it requires one more step than before (when it was working).

Nothing was changed in this library as I mentioned before. It just started to behave differently and all the metadata and posters are gone. The one from the example is one I manually edited in Metadata Manager just now.

5838bbf3e3e36_Music_Videos_Library_view.5838bc0203698_Music_Videos_poster_view.p

5838bc339d7e3_Music_Video_details.png

• Like 2

Latest stable.

And yes. Tried library refresh manually and at regular schedules. Still the same. :(

I'm thinking about building older stables and try one by one at least to understand when the problem started.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...
Theodore

This is being looked into, thanks @@fc7

I came here searching for the same question/answer. As I am sure you can understand it is exceptionally annoying and I first noticed it about 4 or 5 versions back (currently on 3.1.2.0) but just didn't have time to delve when I noticed it, and didn't think of it when I had time. Can we look forward to this being fixed in the next release?

Thanks!

• 5 weeks later...

Same here. Running on latest stable 3.1.5 on CentOS 7.3. @Luke: any update that you can share with us?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Any ETA for the fix? 3.2.6?

I know that asking for news will not get this fixed but since the issue is there for some time now at least I wanted to bump the thread as a gentle reminder. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by fc7

It will be getting fixed, it is on my list for review. It is just a little complex. Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@Luke: does this bug remains unfixed? Should I try the latest stable or it will make no difference. I'm currently on 3.2.4 since newer versions are breaking other things in my setup but if this issue is fixed I may consider upgrading. It's been 5 months since reported. :(

Edited by fc7

Yes try the latest stable. You may also consider trying it in a test environment first if you're hesitant.

Ok. Will try it and report back. Thanks.

• Solution

@Luke: thanks man. I can confirm that this problem is fixed in 3.2.13! :D