Payment in app versus in server

drbellowz@yahoo.com

drbellowz@yahoo.com

Hi, new to emby so please excuse if this has been covered. I did not turn up anything in my search.

When using mobile apps, there is an option for a one-time $5 purchase. There is also the premium service for the server itself. Please explain the relationship between these two. Specifically;

must the app purchase be made for each device?

must the app purchase be made for each media type (movies, music, etc)?

must the app purchase be made for each individual server to which I connect?

must the app purchase be made regardless of having premium on the server?

Thanks so much for your help.

must the app purchase be made for each individual server?

The app purchase is a little different than Emby Premiere in that it just gives you access to the main features of that particular app.

That will follow any device on the same account (Amazon/Google) for the same app (the Android TV app is a different app) but will not give you access to Premiere only features like CoverArt, Cinema Mode Live TV recording, etc.

Emby Premiere will give you all of those features plus enable full access from all of the Emby-provided apps.  You do not need to purchase the app if you are connected to a Premiere server.

Premiere subscriptions are for a single household so they could be shared if you had more than one server in a house but not multiple servers at multiple locations.

Thanks.

NemesisZeRo

I have a sort of related question.

If I for example buy the app, can I use it for my whole family or must I buy one copy for each family member?

We all have different accounts on your Android devices..

Skickat från min SM-J500FN via Tapatalk